“Yup. Good luck trying to make it in time, bestie” she gave me an innocent smile and half-slammed our dorm door, leaving a panicking me alone.

Another sigh escaped my mouth. I stood next to my bed for another ten seconds, diverting my vision to a gigantic mirror Ellie bought a few weeks ago.

I was still in my childish pjs.

This is where my whole body reacted, I darted across the room, stumbling onto a few belongings scattered across our floor. Reaching my destined bathroom, I wasted no time taking a speedy shower. Five minutes in, I was done with showering, hands grabbing whichever outfit was easiest to reach and aggressively putting them on. Abandoning my hair straightener this morning, my hair received a little help from Ellie’s comb to form a semi- messy low ponytail.

Done with everything I needed to do in the small bathroom, I raced back to my desk. I was a bit too freaked out to actually find the right book to bring so I simply dumped almost all of my thick, heavy notebooks into my tote bag. Lifting my elephant weighted bag, I slipped on my slippers and exited my dorm in no time.

I realized on my way that I had sacrificed my breakfast and morning coffee today. I didn’t even get a sip of water last night, and I didn’t even bring a drop of water with me. Legs moving forward fast, I took out my phone and made a call to the one and only menace to society, Jake.

He’s my childhood best friend - also my current crush. But no one except me needs to know about that.

Anyways, it took a few rings before he finally decided to pick up,

“It’s literally 8 in the morning and you’re already phoning me, you sure miss me”

Out of all the possible sentences he could utter, that was his choice of words. I can feel him smirking on the other end of the call.

“Whatever helps you sleep at night” I rolled my eyes, not that he could see me.

“ You in class already?”  I just dived straight into my question.

“Yep. Where are you even? I think I saw El coming a few moments ago”

I sighed,

“El has the audacity to not wake me up earlier today that’s why” I paused a bit, waving to some of our college security guards standing beside our school gates. They gave me a tiny wave and a bright smile back.

“Please tell me our lecturer hasn't come yet,” I said. I fastened my walking speed up the stairs, resulting in heavy panting when I reached the top.

Yes, that’s how bad my stamina is in case you guys didn’t know.

“I wouldn’t be on the phone with you if he’s here, stupid”

“Whatever, I’m almost there anyways”

I didn’t wait for his answer before ending the phone call and tossing my phone back into my tote bag, taking a few more strides before sliding my lecture hall door open. Catching the sight of Ellie scrolling through her phone at the back of the class, I marched over quickly, but still took a fair amount of time since the hall is massive.

Reaching up to her, I kicked her chair with half of my energy, yet it managed to displace her chair and startle her. She turned her head facing me in a split second with an infuriated look. I slightly smirked.

“You should’ve woke me up sooner bestie”

“I already did and you’re the one that didn’t even move an inch, plus your lecturer hasn’t come yet so what’s the big deal?” she glared at me.