chapter 21

Sebastian walked up to the trancy manor and looked up. the giant building seemed like its was looming over him. the shadow cascading blackness across the yard. something seemed a bit off to Sebastian it was all to quiet. There was no chatter from a little annoying boy that's voice seemed to always be heard.

Sebastian walked up to the door and knocked three times. waiting for a certain butler to answer. but no one came. he knocked again. still no answer.

"that's odd" Sebastian said to himself.

Sebastian taking it upon his self to open the door and enter.  when he walked in the place seemed a little musky and humid. He walked in further. making sure to be careful.

"hello" Sebastian called out waiting for a answer.

there was none. he entered more and headed up the stairs in front of him. he walked down the hall towards alois bedroom thinking they may be there. he noticed some things seeming off in the hall way. once finding the rooms door. he grabbed the door knob and twisted it open. to find no one there.

"they must not be home" Sebastian thought to himself.

Sebastian left out the back entrance. he then saw what seemed to be something leaning against a nearby tree. Sebastian walked closer to find alois laying there. his body was pale and still. Sebastian walked closer. alois layed there against the tree dead. his soul removed.

"why so soon?" Sebastian questioned.

backing away from the body and leaping back off to the manor were ceil Sat. once reaching back to the manor. it also had that dark musky feeling as the Tracy estate. Sebastian bolted inside and straight to ceil's study. there Sat ceil writing notes down and signing papers of all sorts.

when Sebastian swung open the door so fast it caused a loud slam. which scared ceil causing him to jump.

"bloody hell!" ceil shouted from Sebastian slamming open the door. " what are you doing!?" ceil yelled.

"my apologies master I thought you were in danger" Sebastian said bowing.

"yes I'm in danger of having a  heartache from you slamming doors open. you idiot!" ceil said back with anger in his voice.

"again my deep apologise" Sebastian bowed once more and shut the door leaving him out in the hall way.

he was thinking maybe he shouldn't tell ceil what happened to alois. he might believe that Claude would kill him as well. Which sebatian would never let happen.

" I may be with Claude but I'm also faithful to the young Lord. my worst nightmare would show if I had to choose between the two." Sebastian thought to himself.

sebastian continued with my his daily ritual but yet something seemed off. if he took alois soul then were could he have gone. Sebastian walked into the kitchen to fix the young Lord a snack that he requested and noticed a small paper folded up on his silver food cart.

Sebastian walked over to it and picked it up. it had a spider seal on it holding the paper flaps closed. Sebastian broke the seal and opened the paper all the way. skimming over it gently making sure to read every word.

once he finished the last sentence the paper slipped from his hands and he stood in silence his face dark. his shadow seemed to radiate upward causing the whole room to turn black.

Sebastian was hurt and mad. he wanted so much for that letter to be false.

Sebastian proceeded to bring master his snack. trying to act normal and not show what he was feeling. it worked ceil didn't notice.

he walked towards his.room entering and sitting on.the edge of his bed looking over the letter once more rereading it.

Sebastian,
     it seems that our time together grew from hatred to something more. my time has come to collect alois soul and leave this dreaded place. Its time for me to move on and find a new delightful soul to devour. we may see each other again one day but for now far well.
           ~Claude.

Sebastian was hurt. he bowed his head and gently placed the letter on the bed beside him. there was a long silence and pause.

Sebastian had a thought that soon popped in his head.

"I will not lose him this way. I will get him back and I know just the plan to do so..."