Chapter 9 - The Stark Internship

Start from the beginning

how about this

we'll see if you can make your way up the ladder of interns to get in my notice

(btw nat is "helping " me with this idea)

(actually nm I don't do other people helping me)asdkjksjdbfdsfb

ok this is nat now

if ur really that smart and good enough we'll say you're not a spy

(for now)

we'll wander around the lower levels a bit more, see what's going on

make ur way up the stark industries ladder and we'll see

Baby spider

challenge accepted :)

Monday

5:00 PM

"Screwdriver." Peter said, holding his hadn't out. Sam, who was occupying the desk across from him, passed the smallest screwdriver over (of course, it was the one Peter needed). Peter stopped to give him a smile before hunching back over his robot. Peter was glad they worked in a comfortable silence, giving him time to think - unlike certain others in the room.

"I can't believe they gave us only a week to make a robot that's like Tony Stark's Dum-E!" Penelope was saying to Lily, "And we're only here on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, plus we have to attend to people for more than half of that time!"

"I know, right?" Jace said from where he sat in his chair, leaned back and arms crossed, "It's our first week!"

The two of them looked at Lily, who was (unlike them) working. After a moment, the redhead looked up.

"What?" She asked.

"What do you think of the challenge?" Penelope asked, a bit of impatience in her voice.

"Oh." Lily said, clearly having learned to block the two out, "Yeah, it's a pretty easy, but it is only our first week. It's not like we're programming a cool AI or learning something new or something."

Penelope stared at her. Sam, who was also observing the scene, chuckled.

"So what do you think?" Sam asked Peter, who was busy watching the escalating level of glares while his hand absentmindedly screwed the last few bolts into place.

"It's a pretty easy challenge, since it's just making it so it can do simple tasks like imitating a fire extinguisher and grabbing something." Peter replied, "But I think that they want us to do more than the minimum of the it has to do x, y and z. They said it had to pick up a cup from the table, but that's pretty easy programming compared to telling it to pick up something and having it do so, no matter where it is - well, as long as it's within reach. Tony Stark's Dum-E can do a lot more than what they're asking of us. I'm going to add some upgrades to mine, if I can. I've almost finished the base bot, anyway."

Peter looked up to see Sam grinning at him.

"I hadn't thought about that, but you're right." He said back, "They're looking for more than just the minimum, here. It's Stark Industries. Plus, I'm almost done with my base bot too. Not as much as you are, but I'll be done by next time we work on them."