Juno kept looking up continuing to wait for her treat, she knows what he wants but she didn't understand why she had to be last. Owen has been training her to make calls on command. Just as her eyes start to wander Owen spoke, "JUNO, Speak!" Juno gave a roar in reply, her mouth was fully open showing to the spectators just how many teeth she has, "Alright! 'Atta girl, here ya go!" Owen chucks her a white rat which she promptly ate.

"Eyes up!" Owen said making all five stand on the edge of their feet and look up to him at full attention, "Go!" he quickly dismissed the dinos who were quick to scurry of, not wanting to be brought into more training.

Barry approached Owen after the Velociraptors ran off, "You finally did it, man." Owen and Barry laughed and had a short, quick congratulatory hug. But before any conversation could be had Vic Hoskins appeared. Just to ruin the mood: as usual.

"Owen. I was starting to think I hired the wrong guys, but, damn, you got them eating out of your palm." He gestured to his had as if his sentence wasn't enough, almost like he thought that Owen spent too much time with the Velociraptors and would forget how to speak.

"You came on a good day. It's not usually a happy ending." Owen replied with a stiff smile, shaking hands with the man.

"Is that why you're not sending in your reports?" The sentence didn't mean much but it was said in such a passive aggressive tone that it had Barry wincing and looking down just behind Owen.

"We've been busy." Barry replies, already tired of the fat man.

"Not too busy to cash your paycheques." Hoskins joked by faking a punch that would hit Barry in the stomach. Barry stood up and stopped leaning on the side of the rails.

"What do you need, buddy?" Owen asked in a bored tone, looking to want to be anywhere but there.

"A field test." Owen scoffed and started to walk away, "Hey. I've just seen they can respond to commands. We need to take the research and get it on its feet." Hoskins was quick to follow, not giving up on the idea. Barry went the other way, not wanting to hear the same argument happen that's been happening for awhile.

"These are wild animals, Hoskins. Trust me, you DON'T want them in the field." Owen replied as he continued to walk along the catwalk with Hoskins trailing right beside him.

"I just saw a bond. A real bond. Between man and beast." Hoskins moved so that he was in-front of Owen preventing him from walking any further.

"You're in my way."

Hoskins didn't move, just took a step closer to Owen, "Come on. We're the same. We're dogs of war. We know that the military needs to reduce casualties. Some people think that robots are the future." Owen moved around him to get away, but it didn't stop him from following. "Look, nature gave us the most effective killing machines 75 million years ago. And now we know they can take orders."

Barry walked closer to them, having heard the tail end of the conversation, "We finally make progress and that's the first thing he says? Make a weapon?"

Hoskins exasperated started to walk away making it so that Barry and Owen had to follow him. The three walked on and moved around the top of the paddock. "Shit. Come on, gents. It's grown-up time. Drones can't search tunnels and caves. And they're hackable. The minute a real war breaks out, all that fancy tech is gonna go dark."

"But that tech's not gonna eat them if they forget to feed it." Owen pointed out.

"Look at these creatures." He pointed to the raptors in the paddock making it so that all three men came to a stop. "They've got millions of years of instinct in their cells, instinct that we can program. Their loyalty can NOT be bought. These guys are gonna run straight into the enemy's teeth and eat them, belt buckle and all."

"What if they decide THEY wanna be in control?" Barry asked incredulously

"Well, then we remind them who is. We terminate the rogues. Promote only loyal bloodlines." Hoskins kept on talking but noticed Owen was laughing, "What? What's so funny?"

Owen shook his head at the man, he was so fed up of this man coming in here and trying to take away his raptors. He trained them, raised them, hell even one thinks that he's one of them and Hoskins wants to send them on missions? it was the most ludicrous stuff he'd ever heard coming out of someones mouth.

"I don't know. You come here and you DON'T learn anything about these animals except what you want to know. You made them, and now you think you own them." Owen said as he leaned on the barrier. Juno noticed him and came up beside Blue who gave her a little nuzzle and walked off.

"We DO own them. Extinct animals have no rights." Hoskins scoffed, appalled by the idea that an animal could have rights.

"They're not extinct anymore, Hoskins." Owen gestured to the Raptors, one of whom were watching him intently. Juno saw him and chattered away at him, to which Owen gave her a small smile. Owen often wondered what she was trying to say to him, Juno was a lot more open to him and would often try and communicate with him.

Hoskins noticed his gave turn to the Velociraptor with the faded yellow-white markings and questioned, "Why is that raptor behaving differently from the others?"

"It's kinda funny actually, she doesn't think of me as her Alpha but more like a sister or mother." Owen replied with a small chuckle while looking at Juno who was wagging her tail happy that she had some attention.

"But you're a dude"

"I don't think that matters to a dinosaur. After all we brought them out of extinction we know nothing of how they perceive things." Owen said picking up a bucket and beginning to walk away.

"Exactly they aren't extinct! We're sitting on a GOLDMINE and Masrani is using it to stock a petting zoo. He just wants to teach people some humility. He doesn't make weapons. You think that the eighth richest man in the world is only into oil, telecom, and family fun parks? He's so diversified, he doesn't even KNOW what he owns."

"How long has InGen been practicing this pitch?" Owen asked incredibly annoyed as he walked down the stairs with the bucket still in hand.

"Since the day we hired you out of the Navy. You knew the end game. These animals can replace thousands of boots on the ground. How many lives would that save?"Owen quickly shut the metal bars that made a door and pressed the button with made it lock, keeping Hoskins out. Hoskins put his hands on the bars and just continued to speak. "War is part of nature. Look around, Owen. Every living thing in this jungle is trying to murder the other. Mother Nature's way of testing her creations. Refining the pecking order. War is a struggle. Struggle breeds greatness. Without that, we end up with places like this, charge seven bucks a soda."

"Do you hear yourself when you talk?" Owen walked up to the bars so that he was face to face with the fat man.

"This is gonna happen. With or without you boys. Progress always wins, man." Hoskins said apathetic.

"Maybe progress should lose for once."

A U T H O R ' S N O T E - Hey guys, so it's pretty bad I know. But if you guys have any questions or anything just ask cause some things might not be clear so sorry. But I just love my little Juno she's so sweet and cuddly for a dino.