Chapter 13: The Alley

Start from the beginning

"Hurry up, everyone's already done changing." she warns me. I knew it was too good to be true. I pulled up my shorts and pulled my shirt over it.

"Done, let's go." She gets up and right when we open the door, Mrs. Sinclaire was standing there; arms crossed and her expression was still. Oh no. We're in big trouble now.

"You were lucky I didn't use my whistle." Her whistle was dangling from her fingertips. She is one scary women, I gulped.

"Next time, you better be the first one in the gym. Got it?" She raises her eyebrow and we both nodded. She walks past us and enters the Phys. Ed office. I sighed. That was a close one! We almost got into trouble. Lily looked relieved too.

"Let's hurry before she comes back and bite us." That thought just scares me.

"Y-yeah." We both looked back and there was no sign of her. Phew! We both run towards the gym door and didn't look back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My legs were weak; I was panting through every step I take. I can't take this anymore! I brushed the sweat that was sliding down my neck. Come on, I can do this! A group of people ran past me. Oh who am I kidding? I'm going to be last!

"Come on, Johnson! You can do it!" Mrs. Sinclaire screams. I guess she's not that bad; she may be scary but she doesn't mean any harm. I pushed my legs forward and the cool wind blows against my face. I forgot about how great it feels to run. It just makes me feel free; well sometimes.

"Almost there!" She claps her hands. I finally passed through the finish line and Lily runs over to give me a hug. She squeezes me tightly; I can't breathe!

"You did it!" She pats me on the back.

"Y-yeah. Can y-you get off now?" I choked on my words. She's so strong. I can't even tell if my face was red from either running or her arms.

"Oh sorry." she pulls me away from her. Ah, much better.

"Well done everybody. You can change now." she writes something on her clipboard and everyone heads towards the exit. Yes! Gym class is finally over! I was still panting from all the running; Lily hands me her water bottle. Why is she giving me her water bottle?

"Here, you look like you'll need It." she says. I do?

"No. It's okay. I'll just get mine." she nodded and we both headed to the change room. I grabbed my water bottle from my bag and chugged on the water. I'm thirsty but why does it have to be warm water??

"Whoa. Slow down there tiger. You're going to choke yourself." Lily's pressed on my arm. Dang it! I'm done. I sighed and wiped my mouth.

"Feeling better now?" she asks me. I nodded and sat on the bench. Why am I still sitting here? Jayden's waiting for me. I quickly got off the bench and ran to the washroom to change. Oh that reminds me; I should tell Lily to go without me.

"Lily you can leave first. I have something to do." I shouted; hoping she heard me.

"Like what?" she sang happily. Those she think my life is all about boys? I sighed.

"Just, stuff!" She laughed and I felt so embarrassed with myself. After putting on my clothes, I walked out of the stall and checked my reflection. My dark circles made me looked tired but I guess its not that bad. I straighten my hair to the side.

"Well, don't you look happy." she teases me. My eyes goggled.

"No I don't. Now go, before Alyssa starts looking for you." She pouted and I waved goodbye; before she can say anything.