"Who The Hell Is Callie"

Start from the beginning

"She'll get over it." He mutters with a quick shrug.

"Are you sure?" I ask frowning at his careless attitude, we're about to know if this girl is innocent and if she is... we have a lot to make up for. "If she didn't do this, then she really did love you."

"I think three years is enough time for someone to fall out of love."

"I have to disagree." Isaiah enters the office, wearing his concerned doctor look. "I think your father and I would both agree that the feeling only grows if she's the one you're meant to be with."

"Uncle Isaiah." Xander frowns and my best friend holds up his hands in surrender. "I just got here."

"That girl, is outside, trying to get past the gate." Meghan appears behind her husband.

"Her name is Audrey." Amelia stands up, sending her redheaded friend a sharp look.

"Are we still on the whole innocence thing?" Meghan rolls her eyes and this time I don't miss Xander's sharp look.

"Yes, Aunt Meghan, I think I'll have proof in the morning."

"Oh." Meghan frowns, sending a concerned look toward Amelia and I. "Well, if she's innocent you better go help her," Her eyes move back to my son. "She doesn't look okay."

"Alexander." I call after him as he walks out the door. "I don't ever want to witness a scene like that ever again." I call when I hear that his footsteps have paused. "I don't care if it's real or not."

"Yes, Dad." He agrees just before the footsteps resume.

"Is how was the appointment?" Meghan breaks the silence, approaching my wife.

"Healthy baby." Amelia says with a smile both on her face and in her voice. "That you for watching the younger ones, Zoey was happy she didn't have to cancel her plans."

"Of course." Meghan smiles at me as she hugs Amelia. "We miss seeing them so often."

"And the neuro check?" Isaiah questions from the corner of the office.

His question holds a double meaning which I answer with the shake of my head.

"Well that's okay," Meghan cheerfully claps her hands together, but when she looks at me I can see the panic clearly. Isaiah sees it too because only a few seconds later he offers his arm to Amelia explaining that he would help her get dinner ready.

"Did the doctor give a percent or odds that her memory will come back?" Meghan questions when our respective spouses have left.

"He's never seen it happen before."

"So get a doctor that has." She all but yells, her tone putting me on edge.

"You think I haven't looked into that?" I growl at her. "He's one of the leading neurologists in the country."

I watch as her eyes slowly fill with tears.

"Meghan," I sigh, pulling her into my arms. This is my wife's best friend and my best friend's wife. She is the godmother of my children, just as I am the godfather of hers. And she is the one person who loves my wife almost as much as I do.

"We need her." Her voice trembles as she hugs me tighter.

"We still have her." I find myself awkwardly patting her head as she starts crying. "She's here, she still loves you, she's still your best friend. You'll have to remind her about the struggles of marriage and the joys of parenthood but she is still out Amelia, deep down."

She jerks away, wiping her tears, before looking up at me. "Your Lia is in there too. I'll help her find her way out." She sniffles, her face now close to matching her hair. "And I have an idea!" She suddenly grins, lightly slapping my cheek, all sadness evaporating. "Let's go."
-
"I don't like this kind of pasta!"

"I wanted pizza!"

"Hey, I wanted milk not juice!"

"Leah," Amelia smiles down at the mini version of Meghan, handing her a plate. "Your Mom reminded me that you don't like peppers in pasta so I set this aside for you."

"Thank you Auntie." Leah grins, happily accepting the plate as I glance at my daughter.

"Mayzie, pasta is what's for dinner, you will eat it if you are hungry."

"Can we have pizza tomorrow?" She questions, looking between me and the plate I'm holding; reaching for it when I agree to tomorrow's dinner.

The rest of the evening goes smoothly, even after each of the kids were given ice-cream.

That is until Zoey's phone chimes while during a quiet moment.

"Who the hell is Callie and why is the news stating that you knocked her up?!"

***
Guys. This book is ending soon...