"Who The Hell Is Callie"

Start from the beginning

"That Audrey's not involved?" Amelia asks, for clarification and our son nods.

"How does having sex clear her name?"

"I wasn't having sex!" He yells just as the office door opens.

Zoey walks in, obnoxiously pretending to gag, until she catches the look her brother shoots her.

"Sorry." She mutters, anxiously wiping her hands on her jean shorts. "Besides everyone knows you and Audrey have been-"

"Zoey." Xander's sharp tone makes his sisters mouth snap shut.

"Recently?" Amelia asks, squealing like a school girl and Xander turns a shade of red I've never seen before.

"Mom!"

"Is that also part of the plan?" I question, growing irritated.

If that boy has had two different girls in his bed recently...

"What plan?"

"Zoey, get out!" Xander growls. "I'm trying to talk to Mom and Dad."

"About why your girlfriend is sitting in our driveway sobbing because Dad's security won't let her leave, yeah, you guys should figure that out." And with a snarky eye roll she stops out of the office.

"I want this plan explained, now." I demand. "Before there is another interruption."

"Okay." He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose while taking a deep breath. "A few weeks ago, I realized something." He pauses, looking between his mother and I. "We were in her dad's office the time I told her about my birth parents and when I discussed the information about Mom's accident. It made me wonder, she knows everything about me, so why are those the only two things the press has gotten a hold of?"

I nod in understanding; he has an excellent point. "You think he keeps his office bugged."

He nods.

"And the girl?"

"That's Lana," He rubs his hands against his face. "She works with me."

"And does she usually work in undergarments?" My wife voices my exact thoughts before sending me a look of unbelief.

"Forget about what she was dressed in."

"Or not dressed in." Amelia whispers, glancing up at me again, and I can't help but chuckle.

A very frustrated looking Xander chooses to ignore us. "Today, in the office I called Lana 'Callie Smith' and she told me that I was the one to get her pregnant."

"You what?" Amelia stands so quickly she throws herself off balance and I have to move around from the chair to catch her.

"Not really!" Our son yells as I help Amelia back into the chair. "Audrey walked in on the same scene being reenacted here."

"Has Audrey has met Lana?" I ask, starting to understand.

"Yes."

"Oh." Amelia whispers as understanding dawns on the both of us. "So if the papers say that your the father of 'Callie's'," my wife uses air quotes as she says the name. "baby, then it's not Audrey selling information to the press?"

"Exactly."

"Was there a reason you chose pregnancy for your lie?" I ask, fighting off a headache. This is going to be a nightmare to get retracted.

"I was trying to get Audrey as angry as possible."

"Well," My wife winces. "you may have gone overboard."