Chapter 35- Shadow and Spider-Man

Start from the beginning

"He's a triple threat: someone who can beat him, he's never met! It's Threeee Riiinnggsss!" The announcer yelled into a mic that hung from the ceiling.
The man Peter was following walked out into the ring, and fiddled with three different golden rings on his right hand. He held his fist up and the crowd cheered, but went silent once the announcer went back to speaking.
"The woman who's never lost a fight: underestimate her you might, it's Shaaddooowww!" The announcer enthusiastically yelled into the microphone.
A woman in all black clothing, a mask, wrappings around her hands, brown hair that was tied up, and bright blue eyes walked into the ring. She kept her eyes on the man in front of her, not once glancing at the crowd.
"Two undefeated titans of this ring, who will win? 60 seconds to place your bets!" The announcer yelled, immediately followed by chatter and money being placed on tables.
Peter knew he had to wait until after the fight to capture the man. He made his way over to a set of stairs that led up to a wrap around balcony that looked down at the ring. It was still packed, but he managed to find a corner where he could still see without being noticed by others.

——————————

Peter watched as Shadow slowly but surely won the fight. He noticed that sometimes Shadow would seem to let herself get hit, and whenever that happened the crowd would cheer. Eventually Shadow jumped off the ropes onto Three Rings' back, and wrapped her arms around his neck. Even when Three Rings laid on his back to try and crush her, Shadow's grip never loosened. He passed out, Shadow flipped his body off her, the announcer declared her the victor, and handed her a pile of cash. The crowd carried the man away, and Peter almost immediately lost track of him. He didn't loose track of the Shadow figure, who was walking out of the building. He followed her in the hopes she had more information he could use. He walked out of the bar before her, put on his Spider-Man mask, uncovered the rest of his suit, and waiting on a nearby rooftop. Once she walked out, he shot a web at her.

To Peter's surprise Shadow saw the web coming, and rolled to dodge it. She began to sprint down alleyways, closely followed by Peter. She turned a corner and disappeared, even Karen wasn't picking up her heat signature.
"Attacking me after a fight? Kind of rude for the Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man."
Peter whipped his head around and saw Shadow standing at the other side of the rooftop. Now she was wearing dark grey baseball cap over her head, making it hard to see her eyes in the night and the shadow casted by the hat. Her arms were crossed over her chest, but the rest of her pose was relaxed. Peter couldn't understand why his Spidey Sense didn't alert him of the danger, but then again she didn't look like she wanted to hurt him.
"If you want to talk we can do that, but if you want to fight I'll just run," Shadow said moving her wrapped up hands to the pockets on her pants.
"The man you fought, do you know anything about him?" Peter questioned taking a step towards her.
"He never lost a fight in that ring before, why he is called 'Three Rings' should be kind of obvious. Other than that, I know nothing. The less you know about someone the easier it is to fight them," Shadow answered, her voice unwavering.
"Karen, is she lying?" Peter quietly asked his A.I.
"Her heat rate has not increased, all signs point to her telling the truth," Karen immediately responded.

"Were you letting him hit you?" Peter asked, his curiosity killing him.
"People go there for a show, and I've learned it better to give them one. I did make sure that the hits I took wouldn't permanently hurt me," Shadow explained, shrugging her shoulders.
"Isn't that sort of place illegal?" Peter asked.
"I'm not sure, but I know both sides agree to the risks involved. I do it for the cash, not glory or some shit," she answered.
Peter didn't know what else to ask, the person didn't come off as dangerous. She seemed like she fought just enough to win, hurting the other side as little as possible. He didn't know what gave him this feeling from her, but something about her felt familiarly heroic. Shadow unwrapped a bit of her right hand, and rewrapped it tighter as it seemed to be coming a bit loose.
"Hey Spidey, who taught you how to fight?"
"Why should I tell you?" Peter asked, caught off guard by the unexpected question.
"I've seen you fight, you resemble someone who never received proper training. It's like you threw yourself into danger and learned that way," Shadow replied.
"What do you stalk me or something? If you want an autograph or something just ask," Peter replied in a sarcastic voice.
"Well you see I want to do some good in this world, even if some may say I've already done enough. If I make you a better fighter, than you can save more people faster," she explained.
"You want to train me to be a better fighter? How do you know you can beat me in a one on one fight?" he asked tilting his head.
"Let's fight then. If I win I train you properly. If you win I will gather as much information on anyone in that club you want, and trust me plenty of criminals pass through there," Shadow suggested, taking her hands out of her pockets and holding them in front of her face in a cross pattern getting ready for a fight.
"Karen are there any major crimes nearby?"
"The scanners indicate there is none, it is a rather calm night."
"Ok Shadow lady, I have some time to spare."
"Fantastic."