Chapter 10

After the end of autumn, one could feel the weather becoming cold extremely quickly; thick coats already had to be worn over loungewear. The more clothes were worn, the more inconvenient it became to move; Ouyang fumbled around for a long time before he managed to apply ointment. He took some anti-inflammatory drugs, then heard the familiar knocks on the door.

Because of that sound, the discomfort of his body reduced considerably, and his expression became softer.

"You came."

The moment Ouyang opened the door, he was met with a forceful embrace; he was startled, while the boy who had made the surprise attack smiled very sweetly, "Teacher..."

Recently Xiao Xuan was a little too lively; every time he entered the door, he'd embrace him, and it was a real kind, a hug that would lift him off the ground for up to several minutes.

As lovers, of course this would be very sweet, but being held up by a child younger than him by so many years, it was a bit weird.

Moreover, he was already a somewhat aged man; he completely could not be associated with words like cute, tender, sweet. He was truly quite far from the image of someone who would be hugged to the chest and dearly loved.

It had happened many times, making him a little awkward, feeling very uncomfortable about the utter mismatch between his and Xiao Xuan's outer appearances.

"Teacher, I really missed you."

"Didn't we just see each other in class today?"

"If I can't see you for even one hour, I'll miss you." Xiao Xuan smiled as he leaned closer again to kiss his lips.

"Oh..."

Sometimes Ouyang couldn't help but feel, perhaps he was not at all the type who could match Xiao Xuan. Compared to Xiao Xuan's eloquence, he didn't have any cheesy words. Even his sense of humor was weak, and his personality was uninteresting; it must be hard for Xiao Xuan to not feel bored when they were together.

"Why didn't you bring your backpack today?"

"Why would I bring that?"

"To review your lessons, don't you come here for me to tutor you?"

Xiao Xuan immediately bit his lip very cutely, "Teacher, can't we do something other than reviewing lessons?"

"This..." Ouyang struggled to dissuade him, "But you're a senior*."
[*Chinese seniors have to take a college entrance exam.]

"Even without special coaching, I can guarantee I won't rank lower than top three in my grade."

"No, schoolwork is the most important."

"But I came for a date, Teacher."

Ignoring Xiao Xuan's hundreds of different pleas, Ouyang stubbornly found a set of practice exams for him to do. "Then why don't you take this test, if you answer well, there will be a reward."

After handing Xiao Xuan a pen, Ouyang sat with him by his side and focused on reading a book. Yet before he even finished reading a chapter, Xiao Xuan quickly finished the problems with a "shua shua shua*." [*Cue sound effects]

Ouyang helped him check it once, unable to hold back from voicing praise: "You did so well."

"Right right?" Xiao Xuan immediately leaned closer, slightly pouting his lips, making a kissy face, "Can't you give the reward, Teacher?"

Ouyang's original meaning of reward was to make two chicken legs for him to eat, but seeing him like this, it was hard to bring up the chicken legs and dishearten him, so he kissed his tender cheek.