PROLOGUE

#1 - Prologue
Written by Kimi Writes

__________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Is there anything else I can do for you, Dr. Alquiza?"

I was overwhelmed when a flight attendant asked me. "Water will do, miss," I smiled in response.

By donning my white coat and undergarments, I will not be perplexed as to why she addressed me as a "doctor."

She brought me the bottle of water. "Thank you for the accomodation." she nodded at my brief reply before rushing off to assist the other passengers.

I took a quick glimpse out the window before opening the water, simply beaming at its emptiness as the orange sky opened up to me. It exudes a soothing and contagious energy.

I took a sip of water. I once more glanced out the window as I could feel the air vent of the plane chilling my skin. I won't ever forget the breathtaking sky vista. The scenery is resplendent at this moment, as it is currently late afternoon and on the verge of dusk.

Kakatapos lang ng surgery ko sa Houston, and I'll be heading back to the Philippines today. I had another operation afterwards, my schedule was too urgent that I was no longer able to take part in important family gatherings with my siblings.

I couldn't help but smile slightly as I thought of my siblings. We haven't spent time together in a year. May mga sariling pinagkakaabalahan na rin kami, we have really lost track of time so bad.

Being completely fulfilled in all of my life's aspirations floods me with gratitude. I have already obtained my professional surgeon's degree from medical school— which has been the ambition for decades. During my tenure in college, I devoted every waking moment to studying for the medical exams that I was obligated to pass. At this present time, all that I could ever hope for in life is my family's good health.

And love? I don't think there's any more time for destruction, siguro nga tama sila... na tatandang-dalaga ako. I'm thirty-three years old already. Is there anyone else who has the nerve to love me?

My first love was a total mess and disaster. I was once an introverted nerd. My sisters are my closest buddies as I lack sociability from others. I still feel the ache of the first love I had when I was in high school despite the passage of time.

Aside from my family, he's my second option on my inspiration list of studying. Our love just wasn't as fortunate as some couples out there. I am eternally thankful to him regardless of the pain he caused me. Without him, I would not have been as successful and prosperous as I am now.

I placed my water bottle cap on the tray table then took the magazine out from the side and sat properly, leaning against the armrest to read. Buklat lamang ako nang buklat nang mapadako ako sa isang pahina ng isang lalaking kilalang-kilala ko— the man whom I have treasured over the past few years. I quickly closed the magazine upon returning.

My eyes widened. "He already owned a company," I whispered to myself.

The goal he had set for himself to become the CEO of his own company has already been accomplished in spite all of his difficulties... I am exceedingly proud of him.

I tilt my head to stare at the clouds as they gradually vanish. The presence of skies evokes memories us.

Beneath the vapor of tears, we are merely a little haze speck that appears to be gazing up at a cloud that endures a fleeting moment of happiness.

Clouds reminds me of him, Maverick.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Watch me, Unwind. Prologue. Romance.