"How did you suspect there was a crime?"
"I heard the victim scream out for help and instinctively walked towards the direction of her voice"

"Explain the exact scene you had observed that day,"
"Do not lie"

Yena paused- gulping down the huge lump that grew in her throat in dread, her breaths getting shallow as the scene played in her mind.

"The killer dug the knife into the victim's abdomen, painfully deep, repeatedly untill her body dropped dead on the ground"

"Did he speak out anything during that time? Any suspicious behavior?"
"No, but I'm sure I heard a psychotic laugh from him after seeing the victim dead"

"Did the killer catch hold of you witnessing the scene?"
"At first, no, I succeeded in hiding myself at the nearby shop but later when I thought I was safe and I walked out on the road, he caught me"

Mark shared a look with Chenle- all of the boys were taken aback that she escaped from the killer despite being caught, all alone just by herself.

"Brave one she is.."
Chenle muttered under his breath- lips curling into a smile as he stared at the girl through the glass.

"Explain his appearance, what did you observe?"
"He wore all black- face covered with a mask and a cap, all I could notice were his eyes- hooded brown eyes. Height around- 5'9 or so? His voice sounded like he was around his late twenties or early thirties"

"Did you escape his hold- safely?"
"Yes, I did"

"How did the killer notice your presence?"
"I'm not sure.. I only got out of the shop after seeing his car drive off in the opposite direction"

"Do you remember the license plate numbers? Anything at that matter?"
"Yes, it was a black Kia K131 model car. The license plate read..uhh.."
Yena paused, squinting her eyes as she concentrated on recollecting the scene on that day.

"Oh yes, 21 가 3454"
"Good"

Mark was about to move onto the next question but Yena continued speaking making him stop.

"I heard him speak into his earpiece as well"
Mark raised a brow before questioning her.

"And what did he say? And to whom? Did you hear anything?"
"I'm not sure but I think I heard him say something in the lines of 'boss, she's a witness' and asked him if i was to be killed..?"

"Holy fuck, that girl went through a lot"
Jaemin mumbled, eyes wide as they all keenly listened to her words.

"Does he know your identity?"
Yena furrowed her brows confused as to why he was asking a question he knew the answer to.

"Make a formal statement Kim Yena"
"He does, I dropped my college ID that has my name and my picture on it, when I was running away from the killer"

"All of his crimes are being attempted on 28th of every month.. what's with that date?"
"Huh?"

"Answer it Yena, we noticed you were affected after reading that file"
Yena remained silent- her lips rejecting to make a move, words not forming to describe the agony that she had faced years ago.

"Yena..?"
Mark called out, tilting his head to his side looking at the girl, awaiting her response.

"Pulse and heart rate both are rapidly increasing"
Chenle spoke through the earpiece- his eyes flickered to the monitor screen that beeped faster than earlier and back at the girl who looked much tensed up at his question.

"Yena, don't get anxious, close your eyes and concentrate on your breath"
Yena did as he told and Mark glanced at Chenle who observed the beeping drop it's pace to a normal one, giving the elder boy a nod to continue.

"Can you.. answer that question now?"
Yena's eyes flickered to Chenle behind the glass who stared right at her before looking back at Mark.

"28th.."
Yena paused exhaling loudly before mustering her courage to complete her words.

"The day my parents met w-with an accident, t-the—"
Yena stopped- her eyes pricking with tears as she bit down on her lip to seize her cries but it was of no help, the salty tears uncontrollably rolled down her face making all of them alarmed, worried at the girl's reaction.

"The day my parents met w-with an accident, t-the—"Yena stopped- her eyes pricking with tears as she bit down on her lip to seize her cries but it was of no help, the salty tears uncontrollably rolled down her face making all of them alarmed, worr...

Ooo 👀
Sis has some backstory..