chapter 23

Khushi: Arnavji, wait... You can't eat them... You are diabetic... (she tried to stop)

Arnav: no, I am not...

He removed her hold from his arm and was about to taste it when she stopped him again...

Khushi: yes, you are... (she said trying to snatch the sweet from his hands but he didn't give up)

Arnav: I am not... How do you know that I am diabetic...?

Khushi: what? What type of question is that? and what do you think you are doing by claiming that you are not diabetic when you are actually diabetic, in real...?

Vikrant was just watching them with a surprised look... He couldn't understand anything going on between them... Arnav didn't answer Khushi... Instead, he tasted the sweet in his hands even when Khushi tried to snatch it from his hands...

Khushi: Arnavji, what kind of childishness is this? (she asked getting irritated)

Arnav: umm... OK... but having jalebi made by you is some other level compared to this one...

Khushi was confused... What was he trying to prove? Arnav then turned to Vikrant and spoke to him...

Arnav: you are right Vikrant... There is something special in Indian ladies... and Indian sweets... but don't get too attached to them... (he said while looking at Khushi)

Vikrant was hell confused of what Arnav was trying to tell... On the other hand, Khushi was glaring at Arnav to understand what he intended to point? Was he telling Vikrant not to get attached to her indirectly? but why? Ignoring Khushi's curious glances, Arnav walked away from there...

***

Arnav was standing there, trying to record the haldi ceremony but he couldn't...

Arnav(muttering to himself): dammit... there is nothing more annoying than doing this...

The ceremony just started and Arnav couldn't stand there because to be honest, he never liked attending it... He tried to hold the camera properly when someone blocked the view infront of him... Knowing it was Khushi, he couldn't take off the camera from his hands... He could see her eyes looking straight at him and she held a box in her hand...

Khushi: Arnavji... (she called him)

Arnav moved the camera slowly so that he could see her directly now...

Khushi: I will do the recording... Give it to me...

Arnav: no, it's okay... (he managed to say)

Khushi watched him trying to record again... It was so not his type to do that... Khushi let out a deep breathe before speaking to him...

Khushi: could you hold this box for a second?

Arnav looked at the sweet box in her hand while dropping his own hand, with camera still in his hold...

Arnav: huh? (he asked in confusion)

Khushi didn't wait further to place the sweet box in his hands and grab the camera from him...

Khushi(adjusting the camera): By the way, those sweets are for you... Sugar-free... (she added while starting to record the video)

A quick thought of Khushi making sugar-free sweets for him crossed his mind... but it took him no longer to think that there might be other guests who probably were diabetic like him... He was no more any special person to her for making those sugar-free sweets only for him...

Arnav: you can distribute these sweets to other guests who are diabetic here... and give back my camera, Khushi...

Khushi(still recording): I don't know who else is diabetic... Find out yourself and distribute them if you wish to... Also, forget about the camera... I am giving this to you after the ceremony gets completed...