Chapter 1: Movie Night

It is around 8:30 on a Saturday night in June. Sarah Hilton was in her flat with her best friend Roger Taylor.

" Your hogging the bowl" Sarah said with a giggle. Roger handed her the bowl and he stood up from the couch. " I'm heading out for a smoke" he said walking slowly toward the door. " You could stay in here and smoke. I don't mind." Sarah said hoping he would take up the offer. " Are you sure"Roger  said. Sarah shook her head in reply and Roger sat back down. He reached into the inner pocket of his jacket pulling out his cigarettes.

" You and your Marlboros" Sarah said laughing. Roger let out a slight laugh as he was lighting the cigarette. Sarah watched him take a deep drag from his cigarette. Sarah loved to watch him smoke. She found it relaxing. She knew it was bad for him but it always slipped her mind.

Roger soon noticed Sarah's constant stares. " Your starring Sarah" Roger let out with a smirk on his face. Sarah's cheeks began to grow red as she says " No I wasn't I was merely looking across the room and my eyes landed on you".

Roger laughed then so did Sarah. Sarah loved being around Roger. He always makes her smile. Sometimes she thinks that she wants more than just a friendship.

Sarah had got up from the couch " Do you want anything to drink" she asks Roger. " Umm.. I guess water if you wouldn't care luv" Roger replied. Sarah could almost melt at his response. Sarah got there drinks and was rounding the corner of her flat from the kitchen back to the living room. Roger took one last drag of his cigarette and stubbed it into the ashtray on the table in front of him. " Thanks" said roger as Sarah handed him his drink.

"thanks for letting me smoke in here to" Roger said gratefully. " Of course" said Sarah "Anytime".

Sarah and Roger finished there movie with laughs. It was around 10:00 when it was over. "I better be heading home I have a band meeting at 9:00 tomorrow and Freddie will kill me if I'm late" said Roger. " You could say here" said Sarah " It's closer to Freddie's place and I have some clothes you left last time you were here if you do decide to say".

Roger walked away from the door. " Are you sure".
"Your my best friend you are always welcome here I have told you this a million times." Sarah said with a smile.

With that by 10:30 they were both in Sarah's bed trying to go to sleep. Sarah wondered what it would be like to do it with Roger. But those thoughts soon left when she drifted to sleep. "Goodnight luv" said Roger.