Chapter 6 - The Family Gathering

SHERINA POV

My week has been tiring especially painting using new colours. It drained my energy and brain with ideas. Ben keeps calling me and I just ignore them maybe he got the hint.

Today I'm flying back home for my sister's graduation. I'm excited to see her and dad but not my Mother. We still haven't got into terms and I hope nothing bad happens with our meeting. I was cut off with my thoughts when the Pilot speaks up.

"Attention! This is your Captain speaking, please fasten your seatbelts we are about to take off in 10 minutes. Thank you."

The seatbelts sign has been switched off after minutes in the air. The cabin crew started to serve our meal. Since it's a nine hours flight I started to get comfortable in my seat. It's going to be tiring I know but it's worth the flight! After eating I read some magazine and drifted off to sleep.

Few hours later one of the attendants woke me up and announced we are ready to land. This is it! I'm going to see my family after two years. Right now I don't feel the tiredness just excitement.

Soon as I got my luggage I hailed a cab and gave him the direction. On the way I texted Zac I have landed. An hour later I'm standing outside the Italian restaurant. I saw my sister glowing and Zac's happy face. Their walking our way but my sister couldn't see me yet and she's not aware I'm back.

"At last the lovebirds are here! I was thinking of going back to Italy. I've been catching up with Dad till you get here." I exclaimed and saw Shannen face light up.

"Sherryy!! I missed you!! Oh my god when did you arrived? How did you get here---?" She screamed but I cut her off.

"I missed you very much too. I just got here ten minutes ago using airplane and cab." I mocked her.

"Sarcasm will not get you anywhere Sher. I'm so glad you're here! But why didn't you tell me you're coming?" Shannen puzzled voice.

"There's a certain guy who paid for my ticket so I could come on your graduation. I can't miss this special day right Zac?" I gave a knowing smile.

"Of course it is! It's for my special girl and she deserves the best. How's your flight Sherry? Did you get some rest in the plane?" Zac kissed my sister's temple.

"Yeah. Thanks for the ticket." I winked.

"What does she mean Zac? I thought we don't keep secrets with each other?" My sister folded her hands on her chest.

I zoned out with their conversation when my dad approached me. I saw my loving Mother standing beside him.

"Sweetheart, it's so nice to see you. I have missed you." He hugged me.

"I missed you too dad." I hugged him back.

"How is your life in Italy and your paintings? Are you ready for your exhibit?" He pulled away.

"It was great dad my gallery will be opening next week. I wish you and Shannen could come." I hope.

"We will definitely be there sweetheart." He kissed my forehead.

"Thanks dad." I smiled big time. 

"Why don't we all get inside? I'm sure everyone is hungry." Mother interrupted us.

We went inside the restaurant and I followed dad while I avoid my Mother. On the way to the table I heard the conversations about Shannen's pregnancy with Marie.

"Holy sh---" I cursed but my sister cut me in.

"No swearing my dear sister not in front of my baby." She smiled while holding her tummy.

"Fine. Anyways so it's true? Your hunch was right? How far along are you? We need to do baby dress shopping. Oh this is so much fun! I can't wait." I squealed.

"Will you calm down Sher! Zac might hear it. Yes I'm now exactly two months pregnant and planning to tell him tonight. So you better keep your mouth shut until I spill the beans." She glared at me.

Like they say never make the preggo mad.

"I will as long as you promise we will go baby dress shopping." I insisted and she just rolled her eyes.

"That's what I've been telling her when I found out but she refused." Marie sided me.

"I promise we will make the dress shopping soon. But now we need to stop talking about it since Zac is on his way here." Shannen finally gave in.

Soon Zac approached us and lead my sister to the table. I ended up introducing myself to Marie. I like her in an instant. She is easier to mingle than my own Mother.

The lunch is full of unexpected events the tension between me and my mother.Zac's father appearance and my mother's confrontation with Zac. At the end itwas a smooth conversation between two families minus me and my mother.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine