hyacinth

Every breath that I took was millisecond less of my life.

     And I'm running out of time.

     I'm running out of time and I sat there as the hands of the clock, the hands I had long believed were there to guide me through every action I take now has wrapped itself around my neck. Choking me to the very last inch of my own breath.

     I need to close my eyes. It's just a nightmare. I must close my eyes. I had wished I had opened them into a new field of vision. God knows how much I did.

     My eyes flashed open making way for an avalanche of crystal clear fluid, cascading all the way to the ground.

     And for that split second, I felt so weak, so helpless as I watched them thin out and get absorbed by the hard lifeless ground just like how the anguish lingering in the atmosphere sucked the life out of me.

     I couldn't look back. I couldn't. Neither can I look forward. I couldn't. — because there they were, the shadows, the phantoms, the darkness where all the dangerous beasts await for me to run all the way towards them or else it will be time itself, pushing me to them.

     If I close my eyes once again, would I be given the chance to wake up to something better?

     But each time I close my eyes was also a inch of my own breath being taken away, a millisecond lost in my life.

06.13.20
9:32pm