I Just Want To Stay With You

Kingdom Of Corea

Lee Gon

If I choose you against the sky and universe, will fate envy us? Will it leave us in shambles? Will Tae Eul still be happy? Will you hate me for choosing us despite the looming difficulties? Will we be able to live with the consequences? Lee Gon pondered over the same questions over and over again.

Lee Gon felt like a selfish King whenever he thought of himself and his happiness. At the same time he felt like a selfish boyfriend whenever he had to put his kingdom ahead of everything else. He too wanted Tae Eul to have a normal life. A life where she gets to introduce him to her family and friends. Where they get engaged. Married and finally have children of their own. Tae Eul's constant reassurance did make him simmer down but it did not stop his mind from running and trying to conjure up a solution when he was alone. He checked his watch, it has been approximately 6 days and 12 hours since he saw Tae Eul. He closed the file in front of him and leaned back, closing his eyes and letting Tae Eul take over his mind and heart.

It was as if she was in front of him, her breathtakingly beautiful face smiling back at him, he could smell the soft lavender perfume she barely sprayed on herself as well. Thinking of her made him break into a smile.

"I miss you, Jung Tae Eul." Lee Gon sighed, still grinning.

Seoul, Korea

Tae Eul

"Jangmi, I finished the robbery case report and handed it to Chief Park. Oh and don't call me or text me over the weekend. I'm busy." Tae Eul warned her squad as she finished up packing her bag and with excited steps, she ran to her car and drove off.

As Tae Eul approached the meeting point where they cross universes, she noticed Lee Gon standing with his back facing her, she ran and engulfed him in a backhug. Not even fazed, Lee Gon chuckled and gently turned to face Tae Eul.

"This time I brought another type of flowers for you." He said as he presented her a bouquet of lilies.

Before Tae Eul could say anything, he pulled her into his arms, "I missed you, even more, this time round, I thought my heart was going to explode." He said and he hugged her tighter.

"Me too. I was tempted to search for Lee Ji Hun and just stare at him" Tae Eul joked.

"You'll be beheaded for even looking his way." Lee Gon threatened while pouting which only made Tae Eul laugh.

It took them a while but both of them checked up and updated each other of everything who previously played a major or minor role in how things came to be. No one from the Kingdom of Corea nor Korea crossed over to alternate universes nor was there any other misfortunes. After Lee Lim's demise, everything came to a full circle and fell into place. Tae Eul told Lee Gon about Lee Ji Hun and how he's in the military.

While Lee Gon told Tae Eul about Luna. Koo Seo Ryung's mother adopted Luna and named her Koo Seo Gyeong. As if fate was playing a joke on them, she too became a police officer and seemed like she and Kang Hyeon Min were doing pretty well for themselves.

Still giddy from the overwhelming feeling of being in each other's presence and embrace, they walked towards the barrier to cross yet another universe and maybe to another time period.

Kingdom Of Corea

This time they ended in the Kingdom of Corea, an older Kingdom of Corea, maybe early 1990s or late 1980s. As usual, they made their way towards a small shop to ensure they have a definite date and year. Lee Gon enters the shop and picks up the newspaper, not even a second goes by and Lee Gon drops the newspaper in shock. It was not only the year his parents got married but the day itself.