Wendy woke up to the voices of unfamiliar people.

She got up as quietly as she could, her head a little fuzzy, and was met with a room that looked ever so slightly weird. A weird animal in a suit and a short old lady stood with their backs to her, staring at the four other occupied beds. Wendy recognised them as her friends, and the events that had brought them there had come flooding back in random snippets.

...

"Just don't let Lucy jump into the water, she's so heavy it'll all be splashed away!"

"Shut it cat!"

Lucy glared at her two laughing teammates, her cheeks slightly pink.

...

"It's truly a shame Lisanna and Mira didn't want to come." Erza's red hair sparkled in the starlight. They'd almost made it to the resort, having arrived a couple hours late thanks to the train being delayed. Instead of waiting, they had decided to walk, something Lucy obviously regretted when the train passed them in the blistering heat.

"And the other girls were on jobs too." Lucy pouted a little. "It would have been fun for it to have just been all of us there, though I guess leaving the boys alone isn't a good idea."

"Juvia misses Gray-sama." The water mage looked defeating, having been dragged from Gray's side to join the girls on their vacation.

"Who cares?" Cana took a swig from her glass beer bottle, her fingers loosely wrapped around it. "Let's just enjoy ourselves while we're here."

...

"Did you guys hear something?"

Erza stopped; her eyebrows drawn together. "I hear something sliding, perhaps a snake? It should leave us alone, don't worry Wendy."

"Yeah, must be."

...

"Erza!"

Erza's leg had black tendrils snaking up from two puncture holes in her calf. The other girls attacked the snake, but it broke into two and bit Juvia. Lucy, Cana and Carla soon suffered a similar fate, but the snake didn't affect Wendy.

"Hold on guys! I'll heal you!" Wendy rushed over to Erza, but before she could make it to her friend's side she was kicked over by a woman with short, white hair. Wendy was soon up again, with the intent to win against the woman and heal her friends. She wasn't up for long though, the woman having attacked her again and again, taking breaks only to laugh and taunt at her, or go after her friends while she was down.

...

They were losing. Caught off guard and poisoned, attacked. Erza was being crushed by a large snake, the man controlling it and the woman laughing hysterically, while a small girl trembled behind him, her hands slightly outstretched as if she wanted to the girls but couldn't.

The two stopped laughing when the group of girls started to glow white, just as Wendy's vision turned black.

...

"I have Hound Dog on the lookout for anyone else on UA grounds, but it seems whoever did this was never with them."

"...I don't think there's much I can do for whatever those four have. I don't think there's anything anyone can do. Whoever did this... well, I'm scared of them."