Part 32 - The shock

“We need to operate out the babies or else it would be a threat to Anika's life. I'm being straight here. Only a miracle can save all three of them now” The doctor told and both the mothers cried hearing that.

“Doctor I'll give you everything I have. Please save my daughter and grandchildren” Harsh pleaded and the doctor sighed.

“Mr Trivedi, it's not about money. We're trying our best but most of the times in premature delivery, it's difficult to save both the babies, especially when the mother is in shock. In this situation, everything is in God's hand. Pray to the almighty. We doctors do only half, the other half is in God's hands” The doctor told before walking away.

“Tej how's Shivaay?”

“He's under sedation. It was all that news channel's trick to get trp. All he had was a small injury on head and arm” Tej told angrily.

“I'll not leave that channel. They're yet to see who is Harshvardhan Trivedi” Harsh told angrily and Tej nodded.

*

Shivaay sat lifelessly on the bench after hearing everything. He couldn't hold himself realising he was the reason she was fighting between life and death.

“I'm responsible for everything” He whispered.

“I'm responsible for everything mom. For spoiling her dreams, her life. My Anika, she——she went through a lot because of me and finally this. Do you know? She never told anyone anything. She was alone——I made her go through all the loneliness in this world but she never complained. She never cursed me. She always loved me but what did I do? I shouted at her, I spoiled her dreams. I spoiled her wish to study further. I was responsible for her going through all the morning sickness but she never said anything! Today I'm responsible for her going through all these. I——I don't want to live. I don't deserve to live” He told like a lunatic person and Jhanvi couldn't help but cry seeing his condition.

“I didn't consider her a human in those three months yet she never complained to anyone” He told.

“Will she ever forgive me for doing this to her?” He asked looking at all four of them with tears in his eyes and they looked at him unable to say anything. He was not in the right state of mind and wouldn't understand anything they say even if they tried.

He leaned back closing his eyes as tears rolled down his eyes freely. How happy were they when she first made him feel the kick of the babies. Never did he realise that a condition such would arise where he wasn't even sure if he could feel those movements again. Their seven months of wait ever since they came to about her pregnancy suddenly felt futile.

She slowly sat on the floor making sure he wasn't looking. Ever since he came back back from office, he was busy in his laptop and she had finally reached the height of patience.

“Shivaay” She cried and he raised his head from his laptop, startled.

He felt as if someone had sucked the life out of him seeing her on the floor. For a long moment, he couldn't move a single cell of his body as everything felt frozen. He wasn't even sure if his heart was beating that particular moment.

Seeing his blank eyes, she got up from the floor and rushed to him.

“Shivaay” She whispered rubbing his chest and he looked at her blankly.