No Second Chances: Chapter 1

No Second Chances: Sequel to Second Chance at Love.

Chapter 1:

I slid on my black heels and grabbed my purse, heading down the stairs. Damon was sitting on the couch watching a game as I walked into the living room of our pueblo style home.  

My heart pounded as he turned to me and flashed me his breathtaking smile. It didn't matter how long we had been married, he still managed to take my breath away every time.  

I smiled at him as he stood up and slowly walked over to me. He was wearing dark slacks and a black and gray striped button down, the sleeves rolled and the buttons undone slightly to show off his chest.  

"Hey Gorgeous," he whispered to me, his breath tickling my ear. I smiled at the sound of his voice.  

"Hey," I managed to get out, despite the jelly feeling that had taken over my legs.  

He kissed my neck slowly, not helping the situation at all. My eyes fluttered shut as his perfect lips placed gentle kisses up my neck to my earlobe, which he started nibbling on.  

"Damon," I said, my voice shaking slightly.  

"Mmm..." he mumbled against my neck. I grabbed his head and pulled him to me, crashing my lips onto his. His arms encircled my waist and I slid my arms around his neck. 

"We can't now," I said breathlessly when I pulled away.  

"Alright, later," Damon said, equally as breathless as he leaned his forehead against mine.  

I nodded, "Lets go." 

"Lets," Damon agreed, "We have a reservation for your favorite restaurant in town, and Marina is with Tony for the night. He's taking her out for ice cream and a movie." 

"Sounds good," I replied. Damon grabbed my pea coat and slipped it over my bare shoulders.  

I followed him out to the car where he held my door open for me like a perfect gentleman.  

Tonight was Damon's and mine 6th anniversary.  

We had been married for 6 whole years, but it seems like it was just yesterday.

Damon climbed in and started the car, taking my hand and intertwining our fingers as he pulled out.  

He headed towards my favorite restaurant, Dans L'amour.  

I leaned my head against the car window and sighed happily. I loved my life more than anything. Once upon a time I never would've thought that I'd feel this way. I had the perfect husband who was still madly in love with me after 8 years of being together, and a beautiful daughter who meant everything to us.  

Marina was eight years old. She has beautiful black hair and big brown eyes that look just like her real mom's. We still had not told her that she wasn't biologically ours, but we were waiting till she was a bit older and could understand the situation better.  

Marina was sweet and caring, but had a mischievious streak that often landed her in trouble. Just like I was as a kid. Damon had been freaking out since she turned 8 last week, because he thought she was heading into the liking boys stage.  

I had tried to convince him that she wouldn't be in that stage for around 2 more years, but nothing seemed to calm the poor guy. 

"Do you want to call Tony and see if Marina is okay?" Damon asked, breaking through my thoughts.  

"Hmm? No why would I?" I asked, turning to him.  

He shrugged, trying to look nonchalant, "I don't know. Just to check in and make sure everythings okay."