nine

do y'all like the new banner for the povs? ⬇️

"Are you almost off the game?", he asked me.

"No, I told you playing fortnite is a job. I have to be on this for a few hours.", I rolled my eyes but kept facing the screen. My mom wanted us to come over later but I'm trying not to stress over that so I'm playing on Ken's ps.

"Gimme the controller back!", I ran after him to the kitchen since he snatched it out my hands.

"You gotta get dressed first Tay. Ion know why you stressing over this dinner, shit I should be the one that's stressing.", he said and I just rolled my eyes.

"Don't be rolling yo eyes at me. The only time you allowed to roll yo eyes is when I'm fuck-"

"OKAY! I'll get dressed damn."

I went back upstairs to take a quick shower and throw on some clothes. It's only 4pm so we got like two hours left.

"So what we finna do until it's time to go?", I asked.

"We could leave early and I can stop to get your mom a house warming gift."

"Suck up.", I whispered and rolled my eyes. Everybody knows that if you arrive to a party too early, you gotta help set up, and if you're there late, you gotta help clean up.

Personally I don't want to do either one.

-

"Who these extra cars?", I said as we pulled up in my drive way and walked to the door.

"We'll just have to see when we go in.", he rang the doorbell. A few seconds later my mom answered the door.

"Oh, you must be Kentrell, nice to meet you.", she hugged him.

"Nice to meet you too Mrs. McIntyre. This for you.", he handed her the wine and flowers

"Na don't call me that, it makes me sound old. Call me Nicole and thank you for the gift.", she said. "Anyways everybody is in the living room, your auntie and I are in the kitchen and your dad and uncle will be back shortly.

I nodded my head and lead Ken to the living room. I forgot my auntie was married, she got eloped and didn't tell anyone till months later so I haven't even met this dude.

"Wassup y'all.", Tiara greeted us. "I guess it's official since you bringing him over while Ma is here."

"You ran your mouth about him to her so of course she wanted to meet him."

"Remind me to never tell Tiara anything.", Ken shook his head.

"Chile y'all so rude.", she rolled her eyes and turned the tv on.

"Oh uhm hey Taymor.", I turned my head to see who it was and boom.

Destiny's fake ass.

"Fuck she doing here?", I stood up. 

"Baby sit yo ass down.", he pulled my arm, making me sit back down. As soon as I sat down, she walked passed to sit in the love seat.

It's not like I was going to hit her scary ass.

"I forgot to tell you she's our new cousin.. and she's Auntie Tiffs step-daughter.", Tiara told me.

"Listen Tay I just wanna say-"

"Aht aht save it, I came to spend time with my actual family and my boyfriend. Imma just pretend you're not here.", I smiled.

After my mom called us into the dining room, Ken met my uncle, my aunt, and my dad of course.

It was something off about Ken meeting my dad though. Once he seen him, he looked at him like he had seen a ghost while my dad just stood there with a blank expression.

"This ain't my momma macaroni, so who made this?", Ti made a stank face.

"Oh, I did. Your aunt went all willy nilly when I said I was going to bring the mac and cheese. She even made me take the raisins out, can you believe that?", my new "uncle" Donald said.

"Who the hell puts raisins in the macaroni?", I mumbled but I guess Kentrell heard me because he started laughing.

"Yea, dad it's pretty good.", Destiny smiled.

"Liar.", I mumbled again.

"What you say Tay?", auntie Tiff asked.

"Oh I said this right here", I pointed at my plate, "is fire."

She just nodded her head.

"So uhm 'Kentrell', what do you do? You not in any of these gangs or slanging dope are you?", my dad asked.

"No sir, I just focus on my music and family."

"Good, I wouldn't want some thug in my house sitting at my table."

"Johnathan stop grilling the boy. He's a nice young man who knows how to pick out some good ass wine.", my mom said to him. I don't know what he's getting at, but he's being annoying.

I know that he's my dad and all, but he needs to worry about how he's going to stay out of trouble with his mr clean looking ass.

-

"Thanks for the dinner Nicole, that cheese cake was bomb.", Ken said.

"Of course it was, she made it.", I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Thank you hun.", she gave us both a hug. "Y'all be safe now."

"Wait, Tay when you gone come back home? Kentrell keeping you all to himself.", Tiara asked.

"I'm coming back Sunday night since we got school. Monday."

She nodded her head and gave me a hug too.

"Bye Tay.", Destiny said. I gave her the "😐" face and walked to the car.

i'm back chile 😭 vote n comment pls <3
did y'all start school yet or...?