Chapter Six

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling does.

     When September 28th rolled around Harry was a little nervous. It was finally the day of Corey's birthday, and he had trouble sleeping the night before. At quarter to seven he rolled out of bed to go shower, and get ready. Today we would wear a cobalt blue short sleeve button up shirt with a light grey sweater vest, black jeans and his pair of black running shoes. He then styled his hair, he was thankful he was able to brew Sleekeazy's hair potion so his hair looked better, not the usual mess and went to eat breakfast.

     Snape was sitting at the table reading the Daily Prophet as usual,and didn't glance up as Harry sat down.

     Harry quickly polished off his oatmeal and fruit, and went to his room to get Corey's gift, before sitting on his bed and opening up a book on different bonds. He knew he said he would stop but it was driving him crazy, he couldn't find anything about bonds between a wizard and a muggle, it wasn't possible.

     After a while he put his book down and got up to go to the bathroom before leaving the house to go meet Corey at the park, the place they were meeting to go to his house.

********

     Harry walked down the street, nervous about Corey's parents not liking him, but put his nervousness behind him as soon as he reached the park. He sat down on the swing and waited for Corey, he was a little early, so he lost himself in thoughts.

     A tap on his shoulder brought him out of his thoughts, and saw Corey smiling down at him. "Hey, ready to go to mine?" Corey asked.

     Harry nodded. "Happy birthday. H-How are you?" Harry asked.

     "Thanks. I'm good, happy to see you." Corey replied with a cheesy smile.

     Harry replied to the smile with one of his own. Harry handed Corey his present, to which Corey thanked him, and told him he would open it when they got to his house.

     The two walked to Corey's house chatting the entire way, Harry was certain Corey had super powers as it seemed he always knew how to help him when he was anxious.

     When they reached Corey's house and started walking up the steps Harry felt more and more nervous, Corey seemed to notice this and turned to face him. "You have nothing to be worried about, everthings fine, my parents already love you and they haven't even met you. I know you seem to have trouble trusting people, but please trust me, I will never put you in a situation where you could get hurt."

     "Okay," Harry said quietly, and then without stuttering said, "I trust you."

     Corey grinned before opening the door. Inside Corey's house was beautiful, there were plants all around, some Harry knew the names of because a lot of muggle plants were used in potions, and the place had a very homey and warm feel.

     Harry hardly noticed when a woman with dark brown hair and dark blue eyes came into the room. "You must be Harry, it's so nice to finally meet you. Corey has told me so much about you. I'm Corey's mother Sandra. And this is my husband John." She said as Corey's father walked into the room.

     "Nice to meet you, lad." John said.

     "It's n-nice to-to meet you b-both as well." Harry replied a little shyly.

     "Can I open the present Harry got me?" Corey asked.

     "Of course, Jill is at her friends house so you two don't have to worry about her bothering the pair of you." Sandra said with a warm smile.

     "Thanks, Mum." Corey replied before leading Harry out to the living room where Corey pulled Harry down with him onto the couch. Harry let out a small squeak, before getting more comfortable.

     Corey tore off the paper, and stared in awe at the gift. "This is awesome, Harry! Thank you!" Corey exclaimed happily as he looked at the lite brite and candy. "Do you want to try it out together?"

     "I'm glad y-you like it, we-we can play If you'd l-like to." Harry replied softly, not used to being thanked.

     "Definitely, let me just get my dad to open the box for me. Stay right where you are, i'll be back in a moment" Corey said as he jumped out of his seat.

     Harry waited patiently for Corey to come back, and took a look at the books on the book shelf in the corner of the room. Harry scanned the titles before he came across a book that he never thought he'd see in their house. A book on charms, a wizarding book, he gently pulled it from the shelf as Corey and his dad walked in. "Harry, what you got there?" Corey's father asked.

     "A book on household ch-charms, I've r-read this quite a few ti-times myself, very h-helpful." Harry said.

     "But that would mean... you're a wizard." Corey responded.

     Harry just nodded in reply. What he didn't expect was for Corey to run over and hug him so tight that his feet lifted off the ground. "Do you know what this means? We're both wizards, and we can go to Hogwarts together! This is awesome! This is the best birthday ever!" Corey yelled.

     "Can't breathe, Cor." Harry replied softly.

     "Sorry." Corey then gently placed Harry back on the ground. "You're very light, do you eat at all? You weigh less than Jill and she's six."

     Harry shrugged his shoulders. "I d-didn't think you were a w-wizard. It will be nice t-to go to Hogwarts with a f-friend." Harry said quietly with a soft smile.

     "Yeah, it'll be even better 'cause you're my best friend." Corey smiled. "What house do you think you will be in?"

     "P-Probably Slytherin." Harry replied.
"What house do you think you will be in?"

     "I think either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. I like knowledge, but don't really care too much about school." Corey replied. "It doesn't matter where we go though, 'cause we will always be friends. Wanna play with the lite brite now?" Corey asked, changing the subject.

     "Okay."

     The boys played with the lite brite for a little while before they started discussing magic, and different accidental magic they'd done. They talked about different subjects they liked, and what they were most looking forward to about Hogwarts.

     Harry didn't mention that he was most looking forward to being out of Snape's house, as he didn't quite trust Corey enough to tell him about everything yet.