Run Away Part 2- JJ Maybank

I went and sat by John B as we drove the boat back to his house. I was still high as hell but he didn't care. I grab a beer and pop the cap. I take a small sip and offer him some. He takes a gulp then hands it back to me. 

   Me, John B, and JJ have always been close.Even if I am a year younger than them.  I have known them since 4rd-ish grade. I was beating some guys up and they had to pull me off of them. I know. Big change from younger me to me now. 

   When we get to John B's house, John B and Pope carried me into his house because of how drunk I was. I think I drank almost the whole case of bear Kie brought. They lay me in the room that is next to John B's. I think it was a guest room that turned into mine and JJ's for when we slept over.

   I fell asleep as soon as I hit the bed. An hour or so later, I woke up to banging on the window. I see the clock says it was 1 A.M. I rub my eyes and go to the window and open it. Before I see who it is, I get dragged out and thrown on the ground.

   "Listen here you piece of shit! You mess with us kooks, you get all of us!" I here a voice say. It sounded like Rafe. Before I can say anything, Im getting the fuck beat out of me. There are probably 3 or 4 people there. My guesses are Rafe, Topper, Barry (Because of Rafe), and someone else. 

   About 5 or 10 minutes later, they leave me out in the chillness. I whimper and start to cry. I used to go out with Topper before he got with Kook princess, Sarah Cameron. Little bitch if you ask me. Me and Kie used to be friends with her, then she threw us to the side like garbage. 

   I hate the pain. I just have to push through. But I can not get up, I know that. I close my eyes and try to fall asleep again. It took a few minutes but I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I wake up with me in someone's arms. Muscular if I do say so myself. I look at the person and it's John B. He must have found me earlier. 

   "John B," I say in a low morning voice. "What happened?"

   "Rafe and his friends came and ruffed you up in the night because of what you did to Sarah the other night," he says.

    I assume me and princess got into a fight the night I got really drunk. So that's where I got all the bruises. I nod and get up. Let me tell you that when I got up, that was the worse pain I have ever felt. Everything. Fucking. Hurts. 

   "Where is JJ? I need to talk to him," I tell him. 

   "He might be on the pull out. You want me to go get him so you can lay back down?" JB asks.

   I nod and lay down again. As I rest my eyes JJ comes running in, slamming the door and coming straight for me. I saw his cheeks were shiny and his eyes glistened with tears. He was crying. He was crying because of me.  

   "Brooke... You were so hurt when I found you. I saw how cut up and bruised you were and I lost it. John B came running when I called for him. Brooke, that will only keep happening to you. I cant let that happen," JJ ranted. "I love you. I always have."

   I was flabbergasted. JJ Maybank, loves me. I couldn't contain my tears. "I love you too."

   "Run away with me," JJ spoke softly to me.

    I look at him wide eyed. "What?"

   "Lets run away together. We have nothing to loose."

     I couldn't believe this. JJ wanted to run away. I knew his dad was abusive, but enough to make him run away? 

     "JJ... What about the Pogues? We can't leave them. They are all we have. And what money do we have? None. We have got no money. Zinch." I say stating facts.

     "We can tell them we are going to leave OBX but we will visit them and they can visit us. Come on Brooke. This could be our moment. Something that starts something amazing. And the money situation. I have been saving up. I get the money from when I help Pope deliver the things to the Kooks and Pogues. Please. Leave with me," He begs.

     I think about it. It would be fun. My dad wouldn't miss me. We could stay in touch with everyone through our phones. But, even if my dad is a drunk, he is the only person I have left of my family. And it would suck to not see the Pogues in person.

     I think I know my answer.

     "So, Brooke. Will you run away with me?" he asks softly.

     "JJ, My answer is......"

(HA you thought I was just gonna tell you? nah. Come back next part to see what Brooke's answer is. Will she go with JJ? Or will she stay back for everything she has?)