"I know- but, I don't-" Alec huffed lightly, "If you die- now, or later because Valentine somehow gets the Soul Sword activated-"

"Well, it seems like dying either way, Alec-" I shot at him, then looked back, "I gotta go-"

I hung up and walked over to Jace and Luke as he spoke, "I'll round up some wolves and see if we can get a scent-"

"Oh, alright- great-" I began walking backwards, leaving them again.

"Hey-" Jace stopped me, "Where are you going?"

"To get Simon." I said.

Jace grimaced, "What- why?"

"Because being on four wheels is better than two feet?" I shot him a look and shoved my phone in my back pocket before leaving the Jade Wolf and going out to the shed, knocking on the door, "Dude?-"

I parked the door open, "Warning- incoming sunlight- you in there?"

Before I could get a reply out of Simon, there was a growing snarl coming from behind me.

I slowly turned my head, my eyes landing on a wolf, one that was growling and glaring at me.

I gasped when it threw itself at me, my back hitting the wall, grabbing the top of the trash can next to me as a shield, keeping myself behind it.

"Zee?-" Simon's voice filled my ears, a small gasp leaving my lips when the werewolf knocked the top from my hands.

"Zee!" Simon let his hand out into the sunlight, holding an oar out for me to take, as I grabbed it quickly and knocked the wolf behind the dumpsters in one quick movement.

Jace skid to a stop next to me, breathing out, "Nice-"

"Thanks-" I flipped the oar in my hand.

Jace shouts at the wolf behind the dumpsters, pulling out his seraph blade, "Show yourself!

They obeyed.

And up stood Maia.

-

"See the scorched grass?" Jace pointed to the ground when he and I skimmed the park, after Luke stayed back to take care of Maia, "Someone opened a Portal."

Simon rushed to a stop next to us, "Nothing over there- and without the wolves to help us pick up a scent, this is gonna take forever."

"Ticking clock here, guys-" I held up my burnt hand.

Jace sighs, "Everyone keep looking-"

"Maybe he can help-" Simon points to the homeless looking man seated at the bench, jogging over to him.

"Simon? Simon- don't be stupid-" I rushed after him, Jace right on my tail.

"Excuse me, um- a little girl might have gotten kidnapped a few days ago." Simon tried, "I was wondering if you've seen her."

The man shied away, "I don't know what you're talking about."

I huff and gave in, "Are you sure you haven't seen anything? She's a little girl-"

"She's about this tall, pigtails, always-" I gestured with my hands, my eyes landing on his jacket pocket, "-wears a scarf."

Simon points, "Hey, where'd you get that scarf?"

"Nowhere. I found it- it's mine-" The man slightly turned away, holding onto the scarf.

A small smirk on my lips formed, leaning against the bench against my arms, "That jacket seems- old- do you need a new one?"