somebody else

~brad's pov~

"Avery I'm just saying that he's not a good guy," I tell her.

"And how would you know? You're barely around the guy and when you are you hate it."

"I get bad vibes from him."

"You said that about all my other boyfriends, Brad."

"And they turned out to be dicks," I tell her and it shuts her up for a few moments but not for long.

"Luke's different though. He actually cares for me this time." She tells me with a hard look but I just roll my eyes. "Please just trust me on this okay brad? And it would mean the world if you really got to know him."

"Fine, I'll try." I sigh, giving in. 

"Thank you." She says and I hear her mutter a "finally," under her breath, which I ignore. "How about a dinner tomorrow night with the three of us?"

"Do I really have to be a third wheel?"

"You should bring someone then." She says and leaves my house before I could get another word in. Don't know why but I've always hated her boyfriends. We've been best friends for fourteen years and I've always been overprotective over her even if she was a couple of months older than me. I don't want her to get her heart broken again so that must be the reason why I do not like any of her boyfriends...right? I don't have feelings toward her or anything, she's just my best friend and I hate seeing her sad and broken. I flop down on my bed, wondering if it's worth inviting a girl to the dinner or if I should just be a third wheel. I decide to invite someone and call a girl that I've known for a couple years and luckily, she agrees.

~avery's pov~

Our double date rolled around and I couldn't be more excited. That is until I saw brad's date. She looks kind of slutty if you ask me and I already know this is going to be a long night. 

"Hi, I'm Aubrey." She introduces.

"I'm Avery."

"Two A's! How cool is that?!" She says excitedly as we sit down at a table. Is she stupid?

"Yeah..." I chuckle nervously, unsure of what to say in this situation. I look over to brad and he seemed unphased by her stupidity and instead glaring daggers at Luke. I kick his leg under the table which turns his attention to me.

"Ow! What'd you do that for?"

"You know why." I give him a look and he rolls his eyes.

"So Luke," Brad starts. "tell me about yourself."

"Um well, I like to play golf-"

"oh no here we go," I mutter and turn to Aubrey who is sitting beside me as the boys talk golf.

"So are you and brad a thing?" I ask her, knowing the answer but just wanting to make conversation.

"Oh no, we've just known each other for a couple years." She tells me and her voice drops down to a whisper. "But between you and me, I want him to be more than a friend." For some reason, her saying this made me irritated. She was on the slutty side and I didn't want Brad to get heartbroken when she cheats on him. I don't like him, I'm just protective.

lmao i feel like this chapter is way bad but whatever its a start

also i tried to base this whole chapter off the lyrics "i don't want your body but i hate to think about you with somebody else" from that somebody else song i put up there

i promise it'll get better

-madi