23 - Ominous Warnings

Start from the beginning

"I'm up and I'm ready to go," She lies as Dick opens the door and enters the room. He isn't dressed as Robin yet either.

"I don't think being ready means wearing a t-shirt and shorts to patrol."

"Says you. You don't look ready to me either."

"Says who?" Dick says as he walks to her, grinning. He helps her up, pulling her into his embrace. "I could be wearing an invisible costume for all you know."

"First of all, keeping a costume invisible is just a waste of time and magical energy," Aurelia replies. "Second of all, you don't have the resources to do that."

"But I have you," Dick replies, his fingers tracing circles around her back. "And you know you are amazing."

"Oh stop," Aurelia shoves a hand against his chest, pushing him backwards. "Go get ready. It barely takes me three seconds to get dressed. You're the one who needs time."

"Can I at least get a kiss?" Dick grabs her once more and holds her close.

"Only if you say please."

"You are no fun, you know that? Okay. Please, lovely Miss Hall, can I get a kiss from you?"

"Why yes, Mr. Grayson."

Dick lets out a soft laugh, before pressing lips down on hers. They stay like that for many moments, till Aurelia forces him away, laughing slightly at his reaction.

"Go and get dressed, Boy Wonder," She says with a teasing smile. "You don't want to be late for patrol, do you?"

"What will it take for you to stop calling me that?"

"A billion dollars."

"I'll ask Bruce to transfer the money," Dick replies plainly.

"Really?" Aurelia asks.

"Of course not!" Like the immature bird he is, he sticks his tongue at her before retreating from the room. Aurelia shakes her head as a fond smile covers her face.

As he leaves the room, Aurelia suddenly feels her heart race. She clutches at the front of her t-shirt, once again surprised. Understandably, she's confused. She doesn't understand what it means. It's almost as though she is feeling fear. Fear of what, she doesn't know yet. But, somehow, she knows the reason her heart is racing is because somehow she feels fear.

Only later, Aurelia realises it was the Phoenix's warning. 

It was trying to warn of what was going to come. Her dizziness and her being strangely distracted during patrol was a sign that things were about to change very slowly.

 Her dizziness and her being strangely distracted during patrol was a sign that things were about to change very slowly