The idea

Zachary's pov

I woke up and took a shower.

All I kept thinking about was Maine. And it was really getting to me.

I dried myself with a towel and fixed my hair. I went outside of my bathroom and heard my phone ringing.

"Zachary Miliffa how dare you answer so late? Where have you been?" It was my mom.

"Mom I was in the shower." I said sitting on my bed and turning on the tv.

"Well get here this instant! I have an important meeting with you and your dad!"

I sighed.

It was my day off and she already wants me back into my office.

I called my driver. I was doing some paper work while I was in my car. Might as well do them now then later.

I went inside my office to see my mom looking angry. As soon as I entered she smiled and hugged me.

My dad was against my desk looking worried.

"Sit down." She said in a clear voice.

I sat on my couch.

"So what's this about?"

"What's this about?" She said throwing some papers on my coffee table. "There have been rumours that you've been getting distracted in your work because of a girl. These are pictures of you and girls. Tell me which one is it?" She said looking down at me in annoyance.

I picked the papers up and looked at them. All of them had a picture of me with some girl. One was the red hair assistant, the second one was a girl I was doing business with, the third one was me talking to Scarlett at the front table, and the last one was Maine.

The picture was more interesting than the other. Maine was against the wall while I put my hand above her head trapping her. It was after she was serving me food.

"None of these." I said to my mom throwing the paper on the coffee table.

"And besides Zachary has a girlfriend." Dad said.

"Yes he does. But Kaitlyn has been telling me there's been problems between the two of you. I don't want some stuck up girl getting in between the two of you. Especially that last girl you use to date. I don't want her ruining your relationship."

My blood boiled. Of course she meant her.

"Is this all we are going to talk about? Because if it is I'm leaving."

"No. I have an idea. You know Kaitlyn's family has a resort. I want to look in to more on the girl that's keeping you distracted. So I decided to invite some of your workers to Kaitlyn's resort. And of course I'll be coming."

"You don't have to do anything." I stood up getting really annoyed. I just wanted to break something.

"I will. If I find out who that girl is Zachary, you will be sorry." She said in gritted teeth. I opened the door and shut it really loud leaving my office.

I groaned and laid on my bed. This is going to be annoying.

I turned on the tv and watched some shows.

The vacation idea was really annoying me. But then I thought. This actually might be fun.

Maine's pov

"Hey when are you going to be finish?" I asked Patrick. He was making me a form to give to the front desk on who was coming at the vacation.

"Just wait a minute. I'll be done." He said.

I groaned.

"Why don't you do something else." Melida asked.

"I don't want to." When I came into my job I had no idea what to do, but now I think I manage to get the hang of it.

"And finally done." Patrick said.

"Oh yay!" I stood up.

"You just need to get it at the printer."

I went to the printer which was a couple floors. I saw a girl with blonde hair and glasses in the room.

"Hey. I'm looking for the form for the vacation." I said.

"Here it is." She smiled at me. She looked at it for a second.

"Thank you." I smiled back. I was about to leave when she said something.

"Tell Patrick to double check it. He's missing something." She said.

"Okay." I went back to our floor.

"Did you give it to them?" Patrick said.

"There was a girl who said to double check it." I gave him the paper.

"That's Macy. Her job is to check the printer and that kind of stuff." He said.

I sat down. "So who's coming to the trip anyway?" I looked at Melida.

"Other groups like us. I heard that a group a couple floors higher than us are coming." She said.

"Ugh that group." Jack said in annoyance.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I didn't really know much people. Considering I've been working here for a couple weeks.

"There's a group who does jobs like us. They good and they do things right. The thing is they're so arrogant. They think they're higher than us even though we do almost the same things." Jack said annoyed.

"There's this girl that really gets on my nerves. Her name is Cath." Melida said.

Cath?

"Oh and please don't even start on Jake. He's the guy with blonde hair. You'll notice almost immediately how arrogant he is." Jack said looking annoyed.

This was interesting. I've never heard of these people.

I was at home going to my room when my dad stopped me.

"Hey. The company you're working at." He said.

"Yeah is there anything wrong with it?"

"No it's just that the name seems so familiar."

"Miliffa?" I asked.

"Yeah."

Wait a second.

Does my dad know I used to date him?!

He can't since I've never told him. My dad is an easy going guy but when it comes to boys that's a complete different story.

He doesn't get angry and protective. He just stops talking to you. Which is way worse.

When I was a kid I had a boyfriend. Well I guess you can say boyfriend since we didn't really know what that meant.

I told my mom and dad. My mom took it pretty well but my dad. He didn't talk to me for a whole week. My mom said that's just the way he is. I broke up with my boyfriend since my dad looked so disappointed in me.

So I never had one. Except for Zach, now he's my ex.

"Umm I guess you've heard it on tv since they are such a big company." I said nervously. "I'm going to bed!"

I ran to my bed and plopped myself on it.

It's better if I kept Zach a secret for them. After all he's not my boyfriend anymore.

I don't want him to be. After all he's done. He shouldn't deserve a second chance.

So why does my heart keep beating for him?

I hope this vacation will be fun and I could spend time with Zach.