Chapter 20: Runaway Train

Start from the beginning

"You ordered pizza and let me open the door in this," she pointed to her outfit. "How dare you! You knew it was the pizza guy, you could at least warn me!"

Karen's biggest secret: her sweatpants-look. Pink sweatpants with sparkles and a sweater with a unicorn on it. It was cheap and for teens but fluffy.

"Karen, stop. You look cute."

"Oh my gosh, what if he recognized me?" She sat down and started to cry. "He looked so much like Cassadee. The same eyes. Jimi, help me."

The fun was over.

"I'm not doing the meet and greet. I'm sorry guys, I just can't." Karen walked out the bus to tell the others, who sat outside.

"Maybe that's better." Schlap said.

"I'm sorry for the fans, it's just... Cassadee..." She bursted out in tears. "I'll do the show, no worries but the meet and greet..." She started to cry even harder and walked back into the bus.

Seattle, Washtington. 5:01 pm.

"It's the best for her."

"Yeah, I do think so. Poor Karen." Kimberly sighed. She was very worried about Cassadee too. They all were.

"I wish we could cancel it all." Jimi said. "I'm going to take a look at the wife."

When Jimi dissapeared into the bus, Phillip asked the question everybody was too scared to ask: "Do you think she's dead?" 

"Phillip!" Rebecca screamed and threw a bottle to him. "How dare you!"

Kimberly sighed. "I'm going to take a walk guys, can you call me an half an hour before the meet and greets? They start late today, right?" 

"Around nine we're about to hit the stage." 

"See ya then." And the others watched Kimberly walking away.

They had told the fans that Karen was sick. They felt horrible to lie to them, but what else could they have said? Beside that, Karen was really sick. Sick of sadness.

Kimberly tried to count the people in line. Still seven to go.

She laid her head on Phillip's shoulder and closed her eyes for some seconds. When she opened her eyes again there was a young girl standing for her. Long brown hair with blonde highlights in the tops. Dark eyes, big nose and a small mouth.

"Cassadee?" Kimberly whispered.

"Cassadee? I'm Rae!" The girl shouted. "I'm so excited to meet y'all! I've been waiting for ages!" 

The sparkles in her eyes, the excitement in her voice. It hit Kimberly like a truck.

They took a picture and listened to Rae telling her story in less than two minutes and then she handed a letter ("to give to Karen, because she is sick. Tell her I love her.") she smiled one more time and then walked away.

"Break for five minutes guys, I can't." As soon as Kimberly had turn around she started to cry. The girl reminded her of Cassadee.

"Five minute break!" Phillip shouted to the waiting fans. "Kim is not feeling right." He and Jimi walked to Kimberly who sat on the floor, in the next room with her chin on her knees and hands wrapped about her legs.

Phillip nodded to Jimi, who kneeled down and wrapped his arm around Kimberly.

"Hey Kimmy." He didn't know what to say. He is horrible in trying to calm people down.