Wendigo Pt. 2

Depuis le début

“Who are these guys” Roy asked “apparently this is all the park service could muster up for the search and rescue” Hayley said with a smirk. Sam heads past everyone “you're rangers” Roy asked us? “That's right” Shelby said standing next to me “who's this” Hayley asked nodding towards Shelby. “This, is an old friend, knows here animals” I said “and you're hiking out in biker boots and jeans” Hayley asked Shelby.

Shelby looks down at himself “I don't do shorts” Shelby said walking past Hayley and I nod to Hayley before walking with Shelby. “What, you think this is funny, it's dangerous back country out there. Her brother might be hurt” Roy said and Sam turns back. “Believe me, I know how dangerous it can be” Shelby said. “We just wanna help them find their brother, that's all” I said.

We start hiking through the forest, Roy in the lead, then me, Hayley, Shelby, Ben, and Sam. “Roy, you said you did a little hunting” I asked “yeah, more than a little” Roy said. “Uh-huh, what kind of furry critters do you hunt” I asked “mostly buck, sometimes bear”. “Have Bambi or Yogi ever hunt you back” Shelby ask making me smile and I walk in front of Roy.

Roy grabs me making everyone stop and look at us. “Whatcha doing, Roy” I asked him as he grabs a stick and pokes a bear trap that I had almost stepped in. “You should watch where you're stepping, Ranger” Roy says and drops the stick and retakes the lead. “It's a bear trap” Dean said with a laugh and we hiked on.

Hayley catches up to me “you didn't pack any provisions. You guys are carrying a duffel bag. You're not rangers” Hayley said then grabs my arm making me stop and Sam and Shelby stop as well, looking at us. “So who the hell are you” Hayley asks as Ben goes past us. Sam and Shelby looked on me and I nodded my head telling them to keep moving.

Sam listens but Shelby still stands behind Hayley making me sigh. “Sam and I are brothers, Shelby's are little sister and we're looking for our father. He might be here, we don't know. I just figured that you and me, we're in the same boat” I said “why didn't you just tell me that from the start” Hayley asks.

“I'm telling you now, besides it's probably the most honest I've ever been with a woman, ever” I said. “It's true” Shelby says and passes us “I can tell she's your sister” Hayley said nodding to Shelby. “So we okay” I asked and Hayley paused “yeah, okay” “and what do you mean I didn't pack provisions” I asked and pull out a big bag of M&Ms and sticks my hand in the bag as I hike on. Giving Shelby some along the way.

Shelby

Roy leads the way, followed by Sam, Ben, Hayley, Dean, and me “this is it, Blackwater Ridge” Roy said as Sam heads past him and we all stop. “What coordinates are we at” Sam asks as Roy pulls out a GPS “thirty-five and minus one-eleven” Roy says and Dean and I join Sam and listen. “You hear that” I asked “yeah, not even crickets” Sam said “I'm gonna go take a look around” Roy said.

“You shouldn't go off by yourself” Sam said to Roy “that's sweet, don't worry about me” Roy said and waves his gun and pushes between us to retake the lead. Dean turns back to the others as Ben and Haley catch up “all right, everybody stays together, let's go” Dean said. “Dean, I have a bad feeling about this” I said to Dean as he looked at me and sighed “yeah, so do I”, we started to hike again.