𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗲?

☆°
*ೃ:.✧ —

❝ OH, RIGHT

❝ OH, RIGHT. GEE THANKS CHERRY SODA. ❞
⌣*ೃ:.✧✼°․⋆⌣

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The sun started to rise along the horizon line. Johnson's house was quiet. The clock clicking broke the silence in the living room. Cheryl's room is left empty. Her bed undone and rather messy.

Cody yawns as he pushes open his bedroom door and walks down the hall. The floor cracks with nearly each step. Oh how badly he wanted to apologize for what happened. That horrible fight. That guilt lingered with him all night. Caused him to have horrible dreams. The dirty blond-haired boy didn't get enough sleep.

His fingers gently pressed open the door to see his dad fast asleep. Cody's lips curve to a soft gentle smile knowing he came home sometime last night. As he continued to make his way to the bathroom he passed his sister's room.

The teen slouched groaning as he hesitated on opening the door. Cody adjusted his glasses and rubbed his eyes.

"Cheryl, I'm sorry about our fight." There was a long pause. Of course, she could have been asleep but he kept talking. "I didn't mean any of it. You know I just care about you. Listen, I am jealous of what you and Marty have and... I don't want you to get hurt."

His hand reached over to open the door and flip on the light. His blue eyes grew to realize that his sister was no longer there. All just an empty bed.

"That son of a— I'm gonna kill him!"

*ೃ:.✧

The scenery around them was no longer an empty parking lot with bright lights. It was now a grassy enclosed field. Only their dense light source was coming from the headlights. The two friends came head on to a scarecrow.

Cheryl takes a good look at her surroundings. She blinks trying to confirm if this was a dream or not. Through the mist, another barrier comes into view. Which was a rusty old barn. Both of them let out a scream as the car bursts through the entry of the barn. Her eyes shut tight hoping she would just wake up as she gripped the seatbelt tightly.

Her eyes soon fluttered open as smoke surrounded them. Cheryl sniffed smelling burning hay. The car lights flickered in the dark barn. The redhead coughed roughly as was just taking in a breath to breathe. Her head shifts over to face Marty as he was scratching his head soon slowly facing her.

The two sit there in silence trying to take in everything that is happening to them. Nothing but their breathing breaks the silence. Cheryl tries her best to backtrack her memory on previous events. She bites on her bottom lip as she soon comes across last night's incident with her brother Cody.