𝗉𝗍 2~ 𝖻𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗄 𝗎𝗉

Start from the beginning

"Oh that's alright then." He said endearingly and I suddenly felt guilty. I hated lying to this boy I really did. 

It was then I noticed our faces were rather close. I flushed an even deeper red and pried myself out of his hands, a look of disappointment flitting across his face before he gave me that oh-so-familiar cute grin.

"Oh I just remembered. I'm really sorry but I have to cancel our plans for tonight" He said apologetically. "My mum is working over time and I have to look after my little sister." Scratching the top of his head he gave me a half smile and went to staring out the window.

I felt happy for some reason. Even if he was being genuine about this or not I didn't really mind. I needed time to myself anyway. Time to think.

~

I was packing my bags after the end of yet another tiring day. I was ready to just go back home and lie aimlessly on top of my bed, thinking yet again about my annoyingly handsome ex-boyfriend C/N. This had basically become a daily routine by now and as much I absolutely hated myself for thinking this, I always thought about us getting back together because yes, I still loved him.

A sudden tap on my shoulder made me squeal in fright and I fell backwards onto the cold, hard floor. Groaning and rubbing my head I looked up to find C/N staring down at me.

"Take it. And hurry up." He muttered, frantically looking left and right in the busy hallway.

I took his hand, my cheeks heating up at this all to familiar touch. Yep, I definitely wasn't anywhere close to being over him. 

"Um t-thanks." I stuttered, mentally cursing myself for acting like a complete fool.

"Yeah. Anyway. Can we talk? But can we go somewhere more..." He started looking left and right yet again and then lowered his voice to a whisper. "...private? I don't want R/N to see us together."

I gulped at the thought of R/N finding us. Knowing her, she would completely misunderstand the situation and with how popular she was, I wouldn't be here by tomorrow.

"Yeah sure. I have...time." 

"Cool." He replied and started walking off, beckoning me with one hand to follow him. 

I swung my bag over one shoulder and half ran half walked after him, smiling like a fool.

~

We had arrived at an all too familiar place. I could hear the sounds of birds chirping and children laughing and up ahead... a cherry blossom tree.

"Is this the-"

"Yeah the place where I- first asked you out." C/N said, the last part a whisper. He was running his hands through the flowers on the tree, some of them settling on top of his hair.

"You look like a flower girl." I remarked, dropping my bag onto the ground and standing in front of him. I was as pink as the cherry blossoms at the fact I just said that, my head dipped down in mild embarrassment.

C/N paused for a second and looked at me, his face similar to that of a bewildered puppy's. Then it slowly morphed into a grin, his eyes twinkling as he grabbed a handful of cherry blossoms and tipped them on top of my hair.

"That makes two of us." He grinned, putting his hands underneath his chin and pouting, which I assumed was his ridiculous attempt at looking like a cute, innocent flower girl. Though I laughed. Of course I did.

After I had stopped laughing C/N's face grew quite serious again. He ran a hand through his hair, some of the cherry blossoms falling out onto the ground. He took a tentative step towards me, the flowers now crushed.

"Ok in all seriousness, I didn't come here to become a flower girl with you. As cute of a flower girl you may be." 

Both of our cheeks were flushed as a light breeze blew across our faces. What on earth did he mean by that? He certainly hadn't acted like this towards me for ages.

"I'm sorry Y/N. For everything. Back then I took everything you did for me for granted. I didn't treat you like I should've because you deserve the upmost attention. You really do." He bit his lip and took a deep breath before continuing. "When I saw you and R/G/N together today I- I was jealous ok? I just wished that was me. So, so much. That was also when I realised, I never even liked R/N. What the hell was I thinking when I told myself that dating her would get me over you?"

C/N stopped his little speech and turned to see me balling my eyes out. I was rubbing at them desperately, trying to stop the flow of tears but it was impossible. 3 months worth of tears were coming out and as much as I didn't want to show C/N how hurt yet happy I was, I was.

"Y/N.." C/N embraced me in a tight hug, rubbing my back soothingly. I missed this.

"You could've just told me this 3 months ago! Look at what you've done to me you idiot." I wailed, burying my head into his shoulder.

C/N sighed and let me go, placing his hand on top of mine.

"Well I'm here now Y/N. Lets make up for lost time shall we?"

"And what about R/N and R/G/N hmm? What are we gonna say to them?"

♡︎

we love shitty endings ✌︎

peachy x

(1457 words)

(Edited 28/06/20)