Chapter 12

Hello, again. Here is chapter 12, If you guessed that it was Scarlett in the last chapter you were correct.

~Rue Varron~

Chapter 12

"Rain stay with Jair and I'll be back in a minute." I told her trying to pry off her hands.

"W-w-w-w-w-w-why?" Crap, she's freaked out again. I looked at Scarlett who was smirking at her.

"Scarlett..."

"Oh honey, you need to explain yourself. Who's the lucky father? I can't wait to tell the whole school!" Scarlett said in a sugary voice.

"Scarlett, it's not what it looks like!" I meant to say it confidently but it came out as a squeak.

"Your voice tells me otherwise."

"You don't know anything. Tell the school, I don't care, if she gets found, trust me, you'll be hearing from me." I growled.

"Found?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I don't have to explain it to you, but if she disappears and gets hurt you'll be paying." I said picking Rain up and pushing the cart away. Jared followed silently behind but then finally spoke up.

"Who was that?" I was panicking. What if she tells the whole school and they think I'm her real mother? What if the men find her? 'No, she was all the way on the other side of town.' I tried to calm myself.

"Scarlett, miss popular if you will." I said bitterly hugging Rain closer. She placed her head in the crook of my neck as I pushed the cart to the check out. There were so many more things we needed but we didn't have enough room in the car for all of it. The checkout line was long and I was getting super impatient. I looked around me and noticed that Walmart had a hair cutting place inside. I told Jared what I was gonna do and left him with the money and took a hundred to get Rain a haircut.

"Hi, I'm Shannon, how can I help you?" She inquired.

"I'd like to get her hair trimmed a bit and shampooed." Rain stiffened in my arms when I tried to put her down. "Rain, honey, they're just gonna wash your hair and make you look all pretty. I'll be here the whole time." I turned my head and whispered in her ear, "and then we can go home to sleep and come back tomorrow and get you some more new toys."

"I-I d-d-don't want m-m-m-more t-t-toys." She blubbered. "I-I wanna g-g-go h-h-home with y-y-y-you." I felt heartbroken just by looking at how scared she was.

"After this, I promise we will go home. Would you do this if I held you the whole time?" I asked looking up at 'Shaylon' or whatever her name was, she nodded.

"I-I-I guess." She said with a sniffle.

"Good, thank you." I said giving her a genuine smile.

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

*45 minutes later*

"Your daughter looks so much like you." Shannon said. I looked at Rain who was standing before me. It was as if I was looking at a small image of myself except with an extravagant perm and rosy red cheeks. Her long black hair was naturally wild with curls that fell around her sweet baby face. My hair was slightly wavy but if I had gotten a perm we'd look exactly alike. Her hazel eyes shined but had a tint of sadness to them. Her narrow face and skinny nose looked exactly like mine. I also didn't have high cheek bones like her. Even the color of her skin matched mine. If she didn't have small cuts all over her face, arms, and legs, I'm sure she'd have the perfect smooth skin that all females would kill for. The green shirt I bought her complimented the extra green in her hazel eyes. She was wearing dark navy blue jeans and brand new pink and white barbie sneakers that I had bought her.