Chapter fifteen: The Final Battle

Eruptions of laughter, eruptions of laughter and the sound of a fist slamming against fine wood filled the dark walls of the screaming infested hospital. Sparks of electricity spewed out and danced along the electrical wires dangling from the celling of the library, followed by the lights flickering on and off with each spark.

Inside the libraries walls were the silent killer of Haddonfield and loud doctor of Lery's, Herman cackling like a madman while Michael stood as silent as he usually did.

"DEAR GOODNESS, MICHAEL! ALL OF THIS HAD HAPPENED IN THE SPAN OF A FEW TRIALS? HEAVENS, WHAT HYSTERICAL DRAMA YOU TWO MANAGE TO PULL IN, AND IN SUCH A SHORT TIME TOO!!" Herman's insane laughter follows his words, wavering his hand at himself. "YOU'LL HAVE TO EXCUSE MY LAUGHTER! I USUALLY FOUND THINGS LIKE THIS HILARIOUS!"

'No need to apologize.' Michael dismisses, giving a small shake of the head. 'In your case I'm sure you find everything hilarious, so it's no big deal.'

Michael had just gotten done explaining everything that had happened to Herman, which he had meant to do for a while. He had never gotten the chance to do so until after Quentin had left, to which he stood up from the dinner table and headed to the opposite exit gate door. Michael left and headed towards Carters place to explain everything to him.

He first told Carter about the trial in Autohaven when he had arrived, but it seemed Herman was already one step ahead of him. Herman explained to Michael that Evan had 'visited,' and made a mess of the institute while going on a screaming rant about Michael 'breaking the rules and pissing off their god.'

When Michael promptly and uncharacteristically apologized to Herman, feeling like he was the reason Evan was so pissed and angry (which was true). But Herman just laughed and waved it off, explaining to Michael that it was fine and he enjoyed watching Evan throw a tantrum like a child. Weird choice of entertainment he guesses.

But after that, Herman was happy to hear that the letter was a success in 'wooing' Quentin as he had said. He had reached over and to shake Michael's hand and congratulate him for connecting with the dreamwalker, obviously proud of his help and contribution to all of this. But he could tell from Michael's aura that it wasn't the full story, and that there was much more to uncover after his and Quentin's love had blossomed.

Michael continued telling Herman the rest of the story after that, how Quentin got Michael to be open more, how things had escalated a bit deeper over time, when Krueger decided to attack his poor obsession and cause an entire problem to Michael before getting him medical attention from Sally.

He also mentioned he had lost the trust of most of the killers after everything. Evan and Amanda were enraged at him from how he murdered the Macmillan trapper in Autohaven, Sally and Kenneth didn't trust him after he had grown affectionate with a survivor, he left a shitty impression on the new guy after his outrage in Crotus, and Phillip seemed suspicious and unsure on how to feel about all of this (especially since he had caught Quentin and Michael during a moment).

Herman seemed really surprised by all of the baggage that Michael had practically ranted out to, shocked that the killer and survivor couple had to go through all of this in basically the span of a few days.

He had asked Michael a few more questions about it, and if anything else happened recently between the two of them. To which then Michael mentioned that him and Quentin had a date with each other, and how successful it had been.

That led to where they were now, with Herman tearing up from all his cackling and laughing.

The Doctor clears his throat, his laughter fading away slowly. "YOU MAY BE RIGHT, BUT IT IS STILL QUITE A RUDE THING TO DO IN SUCH A CONVERSATION AS SUCH." Herman replies, slipping his glasses off to wipe away the small trickle of tears streaming down his face from his fit of laughter.