"I'm going to go and get our parents." He says and my eyes widen.

"Your parents?"

"Yes. They love you. They are here. God we had to send Lucy and Nora home because the doctors said there were too many people."

"Oh goodness." I say but my heart is warm.

"I'll be right back."

Did he know about Layton? He must do. Why didn't he mention it?

"Oh thank the lord." Charlotte says and I laugh at the fact she was the first person to come and see me.

My parents follow and I smile at them, and apologise for well the drama.

"I'm sorry. I'm fine. I promise."

"We'll just check that." A doctor's voice calls and I send him a quick smile but then freeze when I feel his hand on my arm.

Oh.

"No." I flinch away from him.

I stare down at my hands in shock as they shook. I don't know why I didn't want him to touch me.

"Miss James?" The doctors called and I flinch as his hand comes to my forehead.

"I need a female doctor." I breathe in fear and frown at myself.

Why was I suddenly afraid again? He touched my arm. It was fine.

My body was just freaked.

It's okay. We got this.

"I'm sorry." I apologise and find Jackson's eyes as he looks at me in concern.

"I'm good." I say to everyone and then rub my forehead, then wince because it hurt.

"I'll call in my intern, are you happy for me to stay in the room?" The doctor asks and I nod.

"Hi I'm Dr Hadley." A younger looking lady comes in and I breathe easier.

"Hiya." I say sending everyone a reassuring smile and I let her carry out the exam.

She shone lights in my eyes and made me follow her finger, It didn't seem very scientific.

"Neuro exam looks clear." She says looking back to her superior and he nods believing her.

"No sluggishness?"

"Nope."

"Okay." He nods writing it down on the clipboard.

"We will then probably be clear for you to go." He says and I sigh in relief.

"In the morning." He clears up and my eyes widen.

I only bumped my head?

"Observation, just to make sure." He says and the intern nods.

"Visiting hours are long gone, but one can stay on the chair." He nods. "Ivy should stay up anyway."

My mum nods and I watch in surprise when she starts gathering her things to leave and Jackson stays.

She places her hand on my forehead lightly and shakes her head. "You need to stop scaring me, or I will disown you."

"Oh." I laugh and send her an apologetic smile.

"We will talk about Layton tomorrow. Ivy promise me you understand that the same illness that made him attack you, made him do what he did yesterday too. This isn't in anyway shape or form connected to you, it never was."

Confessions of a Teenage Alcoholicजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें