⁷ A Heirloom

It was a year later when Lee Seul was called to Prince Buyeong's office. She was on her 2nd year of tutelage under Prince Buyeong, and Seul felt like the man wad ready to kick her out any second because of her stubborness on confronting Jo Yeong.

But she had progressed rapidly, learning all the things and how it operates, and was very confused on why she was being called all of a sudden.

"Your Majesty, please take a seat." Prince Buyeong smiled as she came into his office. Seul did as instructed, and braced herself for the news.

Instead, Prince Buyeong just gave her a slight chuckle at her worried face.

"No need to worry. I am not going to do anything except to give you this," He motioned to the old book on top of his table.

"What is that?" Seul asked curiously.

"A heirloom. Yours, exactly."

"Mine? Who is it from?" Seul asked shockingly.

"It is from your grandfather, or the first King of the Kingdom of Corea." Prince Buyeong explained.

"But... If it's a heirloom, shouldn't Gon get it? Since he's the rightful heir and all..."

"His Majesty has inherited stuff from the first King as well. Now, this is instructed to be yours," He pushed the book in front of her, "The second born of the King. The rightful owner of it."

Not Prince Buyeong, and not even Lee Lim.

"Thank... you..." Seul asked unsurely as she took the old book. It was kept very well as the pages were still intact, considering the age of the book. The pages was almost yellow, but still sturdy.

Seul excused herself and left the office and went back to her room. On the traditional hallway that Prince Buyeong had, the moon's shine was cast naturally as it lights the path to her room.

"The Oak Tree..." was the title of the book. It had a pretty thick cover to it, and the title's letters were painted gold.

Seul thought it was a nursery rhyme book, but instead it was filled with tales of an Oak Tree that she has not heard about.

Seul spent the night reading the book, curious about the tale that she has never heard before. There was a hint of story that the manpasikjeok, the heirloom that Lee Lim wanted to steal was from this specific oak tree that came from the gods. Seul got intrigued, and ended up writing some notes about it. It was at the very end of the book that she saw it was signed by her grandfather, the First King of the Kingdom of Corea. Her eyes widened in realisation as she saw the name.

"Holy--" She refrained herself from cursing, slapping her mouth in shock.

She searched the book again for anything she missed, and to her surprise a piece of paper fell from the book. Where had that came from?

Seul cautiously took the paper that fell and opened it.

"In the hall that makes way
and under the light of the moon
shall you find your destiny
shining to you.

In the room of knowledge
shall you get
the truth that you wanted
on the farthest
and below the cracks of oak
the task meant for you.

You shall not speak of this
to another that you do not trust
shall this fall in the wrong hands
then the evil may win."

"Okay... That was creepy." Seul shivered.

Seul yawned, tired, and checked her phone to see that it was already 2 am. She slid the note and closed the book, hiding it in her drawer, and went to sleep.

Months pass since Seul got the book, and couldn't help but think of it. She didn't have the time to as she was kepy busy with her tutelage, and in a year later it went forgotten.

Now, Seul had spent almost 4 years under Prince Buyeong, and the man felt like she had learned enough and basically kicked her out (nicely). Seul was now 27, and packing to move back to the palace.

She opened the drawer next to her bed to see a book she had forgotten.

"The Oak Tree... How could I forgot about this?" She opened the book again and saw that the slip was still there, mystery waiting to be broken.

"Maybe I'll decipher this when I get back..." She sighed and put the book on her luggage.

After finishing, she said her goodbyes to Prince Buyeong and his men who had been with her for 4 years together. She held her tears and laughed as Prince Buyeong made a joke about "Break a leg!".

With that, after 4 years of tutelage program under Prince Buyeong, Lee Seul returned to the palace.

_________
A/N
I am not that happy with how the storyline and pacing of TKEM ended, so I am trying my best to write something new-- a new mystery that focuses on my OC, Lee Seul. Romance would be there along the way as Seul's mystery will merge with the main plot. I hope you like it!

071220
sorry for the late update! i have been very busy with university, and i hope i'll be able to continue this on december after my finals!