Prologue

I watched as the city lights flashed through the window as we left another place. Watched as couples walked hand in hand without a care in the world, just enjoying their evening. Yet here we were traveling the entire continent trying to find help.

It has been four years since we left our pack in the hands of a lunatic, a power hungry lunatic to be exact. More then four years ago our pack, the Darkwood Pack, was attacked by many of their own members who turned to support Patrick Pierce. A were who was thought long gone but who'd returned, determined to take his place as the Alpha of the Darkwood Pack.

Years ago Patrick used to be the Alpha, that is, before he killed a human. He had been promised to Angelica Wells by her parents, something unknown by her, but it turned out she had not agreed to the arrangement. Angelica had already formed a relationship with a human and soon Patrick learned about it and snapped.

What many don't know is that Angelica Wells, or Angie Carter as we all came to know her, is a descendant of the Royal generation. The Royals are the highest and most powerful werewolves of them all. It is rumored that the Royal wolves have some type of power, which makes Angie a very valuable asset to Patrick. What power exactly? Nobody knows for sure.

What we did learn was that Angelica Wells had none of these rumored powers. Unfortunately for everyone, Patrick didn't know about that or either refused to believe so. As long as he made others believe she had powers, no one could touch him, and no one did. It is said that the mates of the powerful Royal wolf would inherit some power too and that was what Patrick was after, Power. Power to become the most powerful and feared werewolf around.

Over the last four years we have visited pack after pack, looking for someone to help us rescue our family and friends who are still held prisoners there. Yet no one would. They all believed Patrick found a Royal wolf and obtained the supposed powers from her and feared to rebel against him. No one wanted to send their members to a war where they didn't know what they were up against. Even after we all tried to tell them that it was all a fraud they wouldn't help. Who wanted to listen to a couple of kids on the run, but we weren't kids, not anymore.

We have gone from one pack to the next just to have them let us down. Our hopes of ever recovering our family and friends was slowly diminishing with time. We would train ourselves to fight at every stop we made but we have no idea if it would be enough or if it would be enough. We were never taught to fight, not in a way that would help us now.

On the other hand, I had another job. For four years I have been looking for Jessie Carter, Angelica Wells's daughter and my girlfriend. The night Patrick took over, she was there. Well actually he had kidnapped her and she was present amidst the chaos of the battle. Even though her mother was a werewolf, and a purebreed one at that, she wasn't and had no idea we exsisted. So that night she witnessed her first werewolf and a grizzly werewolf battle. By the time we got there things got so out of hand and she ran.

I'm happy she got away but I wish she was here with me now. We have no idea where she might be. That night she left in a car of one of our friends so we were able to track it down. When we finally found it weeks later there was no sign of her around. The car was abandoned on the side of the road and we were able to trace her scent into the fields close by but after that it disappeared.

A number of things could have happened to her, yet there was nothing I could do for her. For now all we can do is try to find help for our pack and hope that they are still alive. Hopefully we can find someone who will join us and help us fight to get our pack back. We need someone to lead us into battle. We need ....an Alpha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All rights Reserved copywrite ©2012

Alphas Choice by jesscal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.