--------------------------------------------------------

Finn's POV:

I walk into my house to find Amy's parents sitting on my living room couch.

Oh no. This is not going to be good.

"Mrs and Mr Smith," I greet Amy's parents, "What a nice surprise."

"Hi Finn," Amy's mother, Gale, says. Amy's father simply waves at me.

"Yes, well your mother invited us while you kids were at dance, so it was a surprise for Amy as well," Amy's father, Jeremy, tells me.

"Speaking of Amy, where is she?" I ask.

"Oh, she is just showing Avery where the washroom is. They should be back any minute now."

Avery is Amy's younger sister. This is the first time she is here. This is only the second time Amy's family is at my house. Amy's sister was at a sleepover when they first came over.

As if on cue, Amy and Avery walk down the hallway to the living room. Avery goes to sit down next to her parents and Amy walks over to me.

"Hey," she smiles at me.

"Hey."

We look awkwardly at each other.

"Don't be afraid to sneak a quick kiss, we'll look away," Amy's father exclaims. He is the more relaxed and chilled parent out of Amy's parents.

Amy blushes and looks at me expectantly.

"No," I say, maybe a little too loudly.

I regain myself again before saying, "Uh, I mean,no thank you. I'm not really comfortable showing affection in front of my parents and I wouldn't want to disrespect you both either. Thank you though, Mr Smith."

Amy and I haven't actually kissed on the lips yet and after I kissed Piper I'm not starting now. I told Amy I hadn't had my first kiss so I wanted to wait for the right moment. Turns out I just needed the right person, Piper, but that happened at the wrong moment. Amy would hate me even more when she finds out that my first kiss was with Piper, while I was refusing to kiss her.

"It's so funny how this was set up, isn't it? I literally got home from hanging out with the girls after dance, well except Piper, she's at James and Riley's place, and my parents told me I had 5 minutes to change because we were coming to your house," Amy says.

I cringe at the mention of Piper's name, the wound from earlier still fresh in my mind.

"How was your extra rehearsal time? You were gone for hours."

I laugh awkwardly.

"Yeah, it was good. I got a lot of work done," I lie.

Truth is, I didn't rehearse at all. After Piper left, I just sat in the studio for hours, staring at the floor.

"That's so good," she smiles up at me.

"Yeah," I mumble, "If you'll excuse me for a second, I'm going to freshen up quickly."

"OK, the food will be ready by the time you come down," my mother tells me.

I nod and then make my way upstairs and to my room.

Once I get to my room, I shut my door and collapse defeatedly on my bed. I turn over to lay on my side and tears start to weld up in my eyes, as I look at the picture of Piper and I on my bedside table. I know I should've replaced it with a picture of me and Amy, but I haven't had the heart to change it and Amy doesn't think much of it, because she thinks mine and Piper's relationship is strictly platonic.