Prologue

The Rogues, that's what they were known as now. The Avengers were split into two groups, and the Rogues were on the run from the government and their own friends. 

Steve still couldn't believe how Tony had reacted to the whole thing, but he expected it, especially about his parents. But, it didn't mean that he was prepared to fight his friend. However, he was glad he did it. He saved his best friend from back when he was a kid in Brooklyn.

Steve sighed and looks over to his friends, and band of 'misfits' as they had been called multiple times. He watches as Scott and Clint talk to each other, talking about stories about their kids. He watches as Sam aggravates Bucky, which seemed to be his new favourite pastime. He watches as Natasha and Wanda talk about 'girl things' and other random things.

Suddenly the police scanner- which they totally didn't steal- informs the group of a hostage situation at the bank. Everyone jumps to their feet, and they all start suiting up. As soon as everyone was ready, they started sprinting towards the bank.

They enter the bank, not as quietly as they had hoped, they see the criminals dotted around the reception, with the hostages hiding behind the counter of the bank. The criminals all look over to the group, and one starts calling out instructions to the others. Multiple start running towards them, and the Rogues split up, trying to take down as many as they can, while Scott goes and unties the hostages.

After all of the criminals were unconscious, the group walk over to Scott and the hostages. Steve looks over everyone and then asks Scott, "Anyone wounded?"

"All good, Cap," he answers, giving a thumbs up. "Let's get them ou-"

Before Scott could continue, one of the hostages lets out a piercing scream and points to behind the group. They all turn around, to see a criminal still conscious and aiming a gun at them.

The criminal shoots at Steve, who didn't have his shield, as it was halfway across the bank floor. Before it could hit him, something- or someone- shoves him out of the way. Before anyone else could react, the criminal was stuck to the wall, covered in what could only be described as webs.

Sam groans once he sees the webs and mumbles, "Oh come one. Anybody but him."

Bucky groans with him, especially when they see a familiar red and blue figure standing in front of them, their back facing them.