Chapter 9: Child & "Child" Pt.1

"Ugh......" She tiredly yawned. It was noon and Megan had been in bed the entire night.

Her vision was still hazy.
The memory part too.

She was struggling to understand that she had managed to fall asleep and getting even a decent sleep.

Surreal experience.

After spending sometime getting up, Megan sat herself up and checked the time on her phone.

12.20pm.

Yawning once again, she went downstairs to get a wake-up drink. Brewing the same old coffee.

"Ah-Choo!" Megan unexpectedly sneezed at her newly brewed coffee. And she remembered about yesterday night, the embarrassment.

Great.

Resulting in her needing to brew another cup again, but she didn't. Too lazy and fed up with herself.

Heaving a huge sigh.

Oh the day is going great.

As she was throwing the ruined coffee into the drain, a little girl went up behind her.

"Hey."

"H-Hey?" Megan shockingly turned around to face her. Weird.

Why is there a child here?
She wondered for a moment.

"My name is Scarlett."

And that's when it hit her.
Jack's Daughter.
His children are visiting today.

"Name is Megan, nice to meet you Scarlett." Megan bent down a little, introducing herself.

"I know who you are."

"You know?" She felt surprised. Did Jack told her?

"Can you come and play with me?" Scarlett asked innocently, with her hand reaching out.

"Sure, I'll gladly do." Megan formed a bright smile.

Children were always the apple of her eyes.

She grabbed upon the little child's hand and they both headed upstairs.

•••

Megan and Scarlett played together.

Following Scarlett, they did many things of what a 10 year old child would do for fun. Doll houses and dress up...They were in Scarlett's room.

A bright pink room, that was visually popping. It reminded her of the past, being a child.

Ahh the good old days, not entirely on the good side but it was still something.

After all, Youth was something we can never ever get back.

"So, what do you think about my dad?" Scarlett asked bluntly as she was dressing up a doll.

"Y-Your dad? Well I think, he is lovely as you are. You are lucky to have him as your dad, Scarlett." Megan caught the question by surprise, but quickly regained her composure. She never really thought much about Jack, but that's not entirely true. It was just that she couldn't find a proper concrete answer for it.

"Dad is a very lonely person. He just works and works, and stays home. Mom & dad, they are not together anymore. Mom is happy but dad is not. I wish he can find someone to make him happy..." Scarlett blabbered on about Jack. Unexpectedly, she was quite mature for a child, noticing these things and wanting her own father to find happiness.