XIX One Last Time

Start from the beginning

For a moment you thought this was your chance to finally speak to him.

One Last Time.

Slowly, you walked to approach him. And when you reached his figure, you gently poked his shoulder to get his attention.

"Ushijima-kun, can we talk?" you asked.

One Last Time.

You expected him to ignore you like the usual but you were taken aback when he gave you a nod and agreed to speak to you for a moment. You felt your heart jumped in a second. He might be thinking the same way too. One Last Time.

Play as a background music

The two of you silently walked outside the gym to talk privately. It's probably around 7 o'clock in the morning yet the sun hasn't fully showed up yet. What a gloomy day.

"How are you doing so far Ushijima-kun?" you started but he didn't gave you an answer.

You let out a smile to him and continued talking.

"Did I already tell you this? That you were my bestfriend? Well, I don't care I'm saying it to you again. You are my bestfriend." you paused for a moment. "Oh, did I sounded like Satori?" you fake a laugh.

One Last Time.

"You know I really appreciate you Ushijima-kun. Your presence makes me warm, you always take care of me, you scolded me every time I got sick or stayed up late playing."

"I missed that."

"I will miss that."

One Last Time.

"Oh, remember that time when-"

"Get to the point Yuuki-san." he said interrupting you and you frowned at his formality.

One Last Time.

"I'm transferring to Tokyo today." You said. "I just dropped by to say goodbye."

His eyes widened as silence has finally filled the air again.

One Last Time.

"I'm so sorry I caused you and the team too much trouble Ushijima-kun."

One Last Time.

"I'm sorry I ruined your chance to win the Nationals." you said looking straight in his eyes but he gazed away and said.

"It wasn't your fault, I got distracted." he responded.

One Last Time.

"You got distracted because of me right? It's technically my fault." you said giving him a convincing grin.

One Last Time.

"I'm really sorry Ushijima-kun, for everything. I know leaving sounds lame and immature but this is the only way I think I can resolve this problem. I'm hurting you, I don't want to keep on hurting you." you mumbled

Ushijima stayed silent but his stares now are at you.

"I still want to be friends with you but you already said you can't and I... I respect that."

One Last Time.

"I'm sincerely sorry."

Taking a deep breath, you gaze down at your feet in dishonor.

"I'm sorry I can't return your feelings for me."

"And I'm hurting you again by saying that." you said and your voice cracked a little.

One Last Time.

You marched forward to get closer to him. He was looking at you as you went near him.

Lifting your head up to meet his gaze, you flashed a genuine smile amidst all the pain and sorrow you were feeling inside. "Can I hug you?"

"For the last time, can we be friends for a moment? hmmm? Wakatoshi." you said.

He was surprised by that but you hug him anyway.

One Last Time.

"I'm so happy you came into my life Wakatoshi, those moments I spent with you and the rest of team will forever be in my heart." you said tearing up.

You felt his hand caressed your back and you sobbed even more.

"I don't deserve you Wakatoshi, you deserve someone who could love you more and it's not me."

"Find a girl who can take care of you, support you and will never hurt you okay?" you said.

"Hmmmm." was his replied and it made you chuckled a bit.

One Last Time.

You broke out of the hug and wiped your tears.

"I will miss you."

One Last Time.

"Goodbye Wakatoshi."

"Thank you."