Caught in the fishing net

I knew what I was getting into when I got dressed this morning. Sure I could have chosen to erase my bad reputation and become a good girl, but what would be the fun in that? Instead I was going all out. Turning down a Party with a bunch of cute vampires would just be idiotic. If I was going to a mixed school I was going to show them my worth. My school year needs a big bang so I did not hesitate to put on one of my more showy outfits this morning.

As soon as I came close to the school jaws dropped, and I loved it! I fluttered my eye lashes at some of the gods and was rewarded with a large whistle. Maybe I could get used to this. Gently I placed myself into the nearest God's lap. He definitely did not object. Everyone in the room seemed to either love me, be jealous of me, or be disgusted in me. Either one worked for me. Really though I preferred a vampire to love me. To lure them in I pulled my hair into a high ponytail. The man in the fire place did not seem pleased with me, but I think he could care less so I blew him a kiss. If I can not have a vampire at least fireplace man and the gods have a nice build up.

While I looked around the room I noticed Waverly a standing next to a hot vampire with his shirt off! I pushed thoughts about the vampire into Waverly's mind, and it earned me an annoyed look from her. If only she knew I was just trying to distract myself. She thinks I hate her, but she thinks it is for no reason. She does not realize how jacked up my life is. That I am this way to distract myself from my mom.... How she is gone. Waverly brings all my sadness back up to the front of my mind. Reminds me of when I had my mom..... and now she is gone! Hate replaces my sadness and I use Waverly as my victim, and being slutty as my distraction.

My eyes shine with sadness, but I successfully played it off a jealously. Pull yourself together I think. I just have to listen to my dad and his speech, announce my party, go through dumb introductions, fool the seagullable Waverly, and go to that party. I can do this, if not for myself than for my mom. Some see me as screwed up, but honesty I am just another Mermaid who accidentally got caught in the fishing net. The net of pain and agony will give out one day, but for now I have to just keep swimming.