protesting

a/n
i hope you enjoy! i'm not much of a writer so pls give me feedback on how i can improve! the song is kinda sad, but listen if you want :)

i woke up to the sun gleaming through the blinds, my fuzzy blanket slipped off me onto the floor as i got out of bed. today was the day, the day i'd finally get to protest! i'd been waiting so long for a protest to come near me and finally there was one! i jumped in the shower but put my hair up so it didn't get wet, it was thick and would take too long to dry.
i armoured up in all black and filled my backpack with a water bottle, milk, goggles, an ice pack and some snacks.

i finally arrived at the protest and stared in shock, for a peaceful protest there was a lot of gas, fire and screaming.
one person stuck out to you though, a tall, armoured up man, he looked fresh out a video game and stood, fearlessly shouting in the pigs faces.
you put on your goggles and pulled your mask over your face, tear gas wouldn't be a problem.
you were so out of it, reading all the protest signs you didn't realise a rubber bullet flying towards you, you dropped to your knees and pressed against your waist, a patch of blood began to leak through your clothes
the tall armoured man you'd seem before ran straight towards you, scooping you up like a child.
'don't worry, i'll get you fixed up' his voice was deep.
he carried you behind a building where it looked like others had been hit too, with the blood marks on the walls and floor.
he pulled up your shirt, stopping at your bra and poured water on the wound, washing the blood away, you winced in pain.

'i'm sorry, did i hurt you?' he seemed caring
'no, no i'm okay'
'you'll be okay, the bullet didn't get stuck and you won't be needing stitches'
'thank you'
he looked up at you and through his mask you could faintly see his eyes

for the rest of the protest you stayed with him, it seemed like a good idea, he could protect you after all.