'He... doesn't feels like a demon.' She frowned, moving towards the hanging body before noticing that her apparent partner had shifted towards the other side.

"Where are you go-" Shinobu's eyes widened slightly when she noticed the other body.

'Is she the third person the Kasugai was talking about?' Shinobu wondered as Giyuu kneeled down beside the fallen girl with white kimono.

She moved towards her as well; silently watching as Giyuu covered the unconscious girl gently with a haori and cautiously gathered her body into his arms.

"Ara, ara, Tomioka-san," Shinobu started as she watched the male stand up with the injured female in his arms, "What are you doing? She's injured- let the Kakushis handle her."

Giyuu looked down at the unconscious body in his arms- she looked a lot smaller now, quite younger than before as well with her smooth expression. He adjusted her carefully in his grip, trying his best to make her head rest on his chest.

Shinobu noticed this, silently moving forward as she adjusted the unknown female's head over his chest and helped him reform his grip on her so that he won't injure her further.

"Who is she, Tomioka-san?" She soberly asked with an unreadable expression, "Why are you carrying her?"

"Oyakata-sama told me to look after her." Shinobu's head snapped at his answer, a lot of things suddenly making sense.

"Is she the one who was...?"

"Yes." Giyuu simply answered, looking down at the unconscious female again. Shinobu followed his gaze, seeing her in a new light this time.

'That is why she is called to the headquarters...' She finally deduced, her eyes softening as she noticed blood running down her lips, 'She doesn't look much older than me...'

"Oh!" A sudden voice made them look back; two Kakushis had arrived the scene and upon noticing the Hashiras, they immediately bowed.

Shinobu waved their greeting away, as they finally got back to inspecting the male tied down from a branch.

"Is he a demon...?" One of the Kakushi wondered out loud.

"He is not." Giyuu replied, grabbing the Kakushi's attention, "He is wearing a mask."

"H-Hai, Hashira-sama!" The Kakushi replied as he and his partner instantly started untying the male slayer.

Giyuu said nothing further, moving back towards the direction they came from, now with the female in his arms. Shinobu quietly followed after him, only stopping once to turn back when she noticed the day break.

The first rays of sunlight made Shinobu's lips curve into a small smile; after such a horrific night, the coral shade of the sky made it almost seem heavenly.

(~<>~)

Shinobu gently checked Miyasha's pulse, noticing how cold her hands were.

Her face twisted in a slight frown as she looked down at the unconscious female lying in front of her, 'She needs proper medical attention, but...' She looked around herself, noticing again that any Hashira (aside from herself and Tomioka) were yet to arrive.

It was very early in the morning when the message came in- all the Hashiras were summoned early for their semi-annual pillar meeting, most likely because of the bizarre case of a slayer carrying a demon with himself onto his missions.