Diavolo X Reader:Soften Up

Start from the beginning

"What the fuck is your problem!?" You exclaimed, gaining everyone's attention.

The black haired demon turned around to face you, putting on a fake confused look.

"What are you talking-"

"Don't try that bullshit, do you think I'm dumb?! I heard your little snarky remarks about me, and you just straight up hit me! The hell do you mean 'what am I talking about!?'" You yelled, red in the face.

"Miss (Y/n)-" the teacher tried to interrupt, but the demon had spoken again.

"Oh, I'm soooo sorry I hurt your feelings! What are you gonna do about it, cry? Or are you gonna go and have one of your little demon boy toys fuck you?" She spoke with a laugh.

You moved from your desk, walking right towards the demon with a balled fist ready to swing.

"(Y/n) no!" Mammon grabbed your arm, pulling you back.

You spun your head around, yanking your arm away from his grasp.

"I don't need your-!" A slap to your face stopped you mid sentence, and who else but the girl was there, ready to hit again.

You scoffed, kicking your leg under hers, knocking her to the ground. She gasped as you got on top of her. She swung again, hitting you in the cheek. You swung back, hitting her multiple times in the face. She yelled for you to get off of her, scratching at your face and arms.

She dug her nails into your cheek, drawing blood. You hissed, swinging at her again.

Unfortunately, you were pulled off of her. You yelled, struggling in the persons arms to free yourself. Beel held you off, while the girls friends helped her up on her feet again.

"You're a psycho!" She exclaimed.

"Right back at you, dumb bitch! Try me again I dare you!!"

You became quiet, unable to look Diavolo in the eyes. "...After, Beel had to carry me out of the classroom. Lucifer came seconds later, and took me to his study to cool me down...and here we are."

Diavolo was quiet, making you wonder if he was mad with you. Lucifer had already given you an ear full before Diavolo appeared in his office to talk.

"I know I'm just a human, but I'm not weak and I wasn't gonna just sit there and-!"

"You don't have to explain anymore to me, (Y/n)." Diavolo interrupted. You closed your mouth, nibbling your inner lip.

He looked like he wanted to say something. An uncomfortable silence settled in the room.

"When I heard you got into a fight, I was worried. But, I guess I didn't have to be. Seeing as you had no trouble standing up for yourself." The prince spoke, a small smile on his face.

You furrowed your brows.

"Shouldn't you be like, mad? At me?" You asked, making Diavolo laugh.

"I'm not mad at you, I have no reason to be." He reassured you, grinning.

You hugged yourself tighter, sucking in a breath. Why was it so hard to accept his words? You were so busy in your thoughts, you didn't notice the prince move closer to you, wrapping his arms around you.

His embrace shocked you. You looked up to him, confused. He met your gaze, smiling at you. "You're welcome to stay with me for the rest of the day if you'd like. Everything else will be dealt with, I assure you." He spoke gently to you.

Tears began to form in your eyes, so you looked down and nodded.

"If you don't mind..." You said, wiping your eyes.

You stayed in his arms for a while longer, until there was a knock at his door. Wiggling away from his hold, he announced to come in.

The door swung open, and in came Mammon looking for you. When he saw you, his entire demeanor relaxed.

"What were ya' thinking!? Ya could've gotten really hurt if no one was there-! Hey!" Lucifer had appeared, grabbing Mammon by the collar and dragging him out of Diavolos study.

"I told you not to disturb them. You can't even listen to simple instructions." Lucifer spoke, shaking his head. Once he pushed Mammon out, he turned back and apologized. "It's alright, Lucifer." Diavolo said with a grin, shaking his head once the door closed.

He turned to you. "He's such an idiot sometimes." You mumbled, rubbing your temple. Diavolo chuckled at your remark. A smile grew on your lips, pleasing Diavolo.

"Have a seat (Y/n). We can use this time to catch up!"

The last few hours consisted of you and Diavolo chatting and laughing, forgetting about what happened just hours before. When classes were let our for the day, Diavolo decided to walk you home since he was free.

You felt much happier with him, no longer feeling angry or embarrassed.

Once you got to the doors of the house, you turned to Diavolo with a sincere smile.

"Thank you Lord Diavolo, for everything today."

"Just Diavolo (Y/n), and of course. If you ever need to take a breather again, don't be afraid to come find me. I'll be glad to have your presence." Diavolo said, to which you nodded.

"Oh, and one last thing." Diavolo leaned down, kissing your forehead. Your eyes widened, and your face became hot from the sudden action. Diavolo stepped back, seemingly proud of his actions.

"If you aren't busy this weekend, I'd like if you would come over for some tea." He spoke. You gave a quick nod, suppressing a squeal. "Great! I'll have Barbatos fetch you then. Now go get some rest, alright?"

"Okay..bye!" You squeaked, spinning around and opening the doors, running inside. Once the doors shut, Diavolo snickered at your flustered image in his head.

As he headed off the steps, he heard yelling from within the house, with your high pitched voice following right after yelling "Shut up!!"

~~~

Why. Isn't. Diavolo. ROMANCABLE!? >:[

Also, yes I published this on Lucy's birthday, oops. Happy birthday to the man that gave birth to his brother :D