Volleyball | ハイキュ

Volleyball Rules:

a.     Each team has only six players on the court at a time.

b.     Each team can touch the ball with a maximum of 3 times before hitting the ball over the net; one individual can only touch the ball once. (Block does not count as a touch)

c.     The ball is allowed to come in contact with any part of the body. (Block does not count as a touch)

d.    Players are not allowed to block or hit the opponent's serve

e.     Players can only attack the ball when it crosses the net.

Volleyball Rotations & Positions:

--------- NET----------

Left Front-Middle Front-Right Front

Left Back-Middle Back-Right Back (Serving Player)

a.     Players rotate clockwise. (Right Back to Middle Back; Middle Back to Left Back; Left Back to Left Front... et cetera)

b.     Rotation happens when there is a side-out (when the other team is serving and your team wins a score)

Setter: Set up the ball for the hitters/spikers so that they can hit the ball.

Wing Spiker: Players that hits the ball from the strong corner. They usually receive serves and send it to the setter.

Middle Blocker: Players that are mainly in the middle front and blocks every hit during defense. They hit/spike the ball during offense.

Libero: Player that is specialized in defense (saving the ball). They wear a different colored jersey and can sub themselves into the game whenever they want. They usually sub with the Middle Blockers when they (Middle Blockers) rotate to the back. They are the only player that shouldn't spike the ball (but spiking from the back row still isn't against the rules) and can only be at the back row.

Volley Terms:

Float Serve: A serve where the ball does not spin or rotate. Its direction unpredictable (it can go left or right or just drop)

Jump Serve: A serve where the serving player tosses the ball in the air before jumping in the air, hitting the ball in a downward motion

Underhand Serve: A serve where the ball is given a slight under-hand toss and then struck with the opposite hand's fist from underneath.

Overhand serve: A serve where the ball is struck with the hand above the shoulder

Topspin Serve: A serve where the ball spins rapidly forward from the top.

Spike: A hit or an attack

Quick: A set in which the spiker is approaching the setter (may even be in the air) before the setter delivers the ball.

Side­-Out: When the other team is serving and your team wins a score

Karasuno's Girls' Team:

Advisor: Hitomi Saeko

Captain: Michimiya Yui (3rd Year)#1 [WING SPIKER]

Vice-Captain: Sato Miyuki(3rd Year) #2 [MIDDLE BLOCKER]

Members:   

Kazume Iwari (2nd Year) #3 [WING SPIKER]

Kushiyama Yuno (1st Year) #6 [SETTER]

Amane Yuki (1st Year) #7 [WING SPIKER/SETTER]

[Last Name][First Name] (1st Year) #8 [WING SPIKER]

Izumi Miyu (2nd Year) #9 [MIDDLE BLOCKER]

Nabe Erika (1st Year) #10 [LIBERO]

Aya Misaki (3rd Year) #11 [MIDDLE BLOCKER]