Chapter 32 - Christmas Day

"Al!" an overly excited voice said, awakening me from my sleep.

"What time is it?" I moaned to Brad.

"10, and its Christmas remember!?"

"You child" I giggled as I shook my head, before standing up to sort myself out.

"You look fine! Now lets go downstairs" Brad ushered me.

"Wait I'm putting on my onesie!" I laughed as he began getting agitated.

"Finally" Brad exclaimed as I walked to the door and opened it before we headed downstairs.

"Good morning!" Nat chimed from the floor next to the Christmas tree as Brad and I sat on the couches.

"Morning" we smiled back at her, Anne-Marie, and Derek.

There was a large pile of presents underneath the tree, so after I had made everyone tea, we began unwrapping them straight away. Nat would reach for a present, read the label, and hand it to whoever it was for.

I got nervous each time Brads family was about to open a present from me incase they didn't like it, but luckily they were all thrilled with my choices.

"This ones for you, from mum and dad" Nat smiled as she passed me a small wrapped box.

I smiled at Anne-Marie and Derek to find that they were watching me unwrap it intently.

I gasped in awe as I opened a small jewellery box to reveal a beautiful necklace. It was silver and had a small pendant on it.

"Thank you so much! You really shouldn't have!" I exclaimed, still staring at the necklace in awe.

"Do you like it?" Anne-Marie smiled.

"Of course I do! It's beautiful!" I exclaimed.

"Now me, you and my mum are matching!" Nat smiled as she pulled the necklace into view which had previously been behind her top.

I came to the realisation that Nat, Anne-Marie and I all had the same necklaces on.

"You're part of the family!" Derek chuckled.

I thanked them again and again for doing such a lovely thing, but they just hushed me and said it was nothing, and that I deserved it.

Brad began to unwrap the present that I had got him, as nerves and excitement filled my stomach. I was scared he wouldn't like it, but then again we had spoken about this before, so hopefully he would be happy with it.

"The ring!" He exclaimed as he pulled it out of the box.

Brad and I had been shopping a while ago when I decided to go into a shop quickly. He had gotten me a ring a long time ago which I never took off, and so I got a manly version of it made in order for him to wear it. It was almost like a token of his love for me, so I thought that it would be a good idea for him to have the same thing but from me.

"Do you like it?" I giggled.

"Of course I do! You're the best" he grinned as he slipped it into my finger and pulled me into a large hug which I returned.

"I love you" I whispered before we pulled apart.

"I love you more" he whispered back.

I still wasn't over the necklace I had previously been given, when Brad announced he had a present for me, but that it wasn't in the house.

"I'm confused, where is it?" I laughed.

"I want to surprise you! I'm not telling you" He protested.