Chapter 9 - spreading

Chapter 9 -

As Harry sat down at breakfast the next morning, as usual a barn owl came and delivered his copy of the daily prophet as he put his 1 Knut into the pouch. It wasn't until he looked down at the front cover and saw a large photo of him and Draco walking hand in hand through a Hogwarts corridor did he realised what would be in today's edition. The article beneath read:

The Boy Who Lived Bent and Dating a Deatheater!

We were informed just last night that Harry Potter has came out as being gay and is in a relationship with none other than convicted deatheater and son of Lucius Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. 'But what happened to girlfriend, Ginny Weasely?' You may be asking, well it appears as though our saviour cheated on her with Malfoy, causing quite a scene as she walked in on the two boys kissing.
Malfoy and Potter's relationship began to form when headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Minerva McGonagall informed the boys that they would be sharing a room and has since then turned the two enemies into lovers.
How long will the relationship last? Only time can tell.

Around the room, Harry saw several people reading the prophet and start to stare at Draco and him. Surprisingly, the news of his and Draco's relationship had not spread very fast and was only known by eighth years and a few seventh years.
Two tables away, Draco sat with Blaise.

"Have you seen this?" Asked Blaise as he put the prophet in front of his friend.

"No" Draco said as he began to read. A minute later he was finished and noticed many evil stares coming his way, mostly from girls who probably had a crush on Harry. From across the hall, Harry gestured to his boyfriend to meet him outside the hall.

They made their way into a broom cupboard, where Harry turned to Draco.

"Have you read the article?" He asked

"Yeah," the blonde replied "Blaise showed it to me."

"Ok, I don't know what people are going to think about... us, but if anyone says anything mean or discouraging to you then just ignore them." Harry stated

"Sure." Answered Draco as he turned to leave, however the raven haired boy grabbed his arm, refraining him from leaving.

"There's something else I wanted to say also." Harry began

"Yeah?" Draco asked curiously

"I don't know if what I'm about to say seems too soon or what but I'm just going to say it anyway. Ever since my parents died I've always felt empty inside, as though there's a piece of me missing, but when I came to Hogwarts and became friends with Ron and Hermione some of that emptiness went away, but not completely and it's only been through the last couple of days spent with you that I've felt whole. So I just wanted to say that I'm pretty sure I'm in love with you!"

Draco, who was almost in tears at the words his boyfriend had spoken replied with "I'm in love with you too!" Before crashing his lips to his boyfriend's.

For around four minutes the two lovers stood, frozen in that position, neither wanting to ever leave it but with one glance of his watch Harry stepped back and burst out: "we're going to be late for transfiguration!" The raven grabbed the blond's hand as the raced down the corridor, aware of the stares they were receiving from the younger students.

They entered the classroom just as professor McGonagall began talking, and sat at desk a desk near the back. Though both boys enjoyed this lesson usually, right now they were not in the mood as they were high on a drug called love and couldn't concentrate at all. Harry began doodling in the corner of his parchment a heart and wrote in it: DM + HP.

"What are you drawing, angel?" Asked Draco.

"Angel?" Harry questioned the newly received nickname with a smirk.

"I just figured that since you just poured your heart out to me we were allowed to start with the adorable nicknames." Draco stated.

"Right." Harry answered with a laugh. "And you can be... Ferret."

"Are you ever going to let me forget that? You know that incident was traumatising! Anyway, that one's already been taken by your ex-friend the Weasel."

"Okay, you can be... Baby Dragon."

The two boys laughed and, forgetting their immediate location, leaned in and kissed, only stopping when a stern voice spoke in their ears. "Mr Malfoy, Mr Potter if you could please refrain your lips from meeting during my lesson I would be very grateful, otherwise I will have to seat you on separate desks."

"Sorry Professor!" The two boys said in unison. They were blushing and attempting to suppress laughter.

A/N

Hi! So sorry that this is a late and sorry if it's rubbish. Also thank you for your suggestions on FanFics to read. Guess what? I'm almost on 1k reads for this story, I currently have 949 so hopefully I'll be there soon but thank you so much anyway. I hop you enjoyed this and if you did then please vote and comment :)

Bye!