In the hallway they passed another first year duo, consisting of Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, both of them giving the second years an incredulous look, although neither of them bothered to help the poor first year.

Kimiko thought her face was on fire and she would rather die of embarrassment right then and there, than to listen to any snarky comment that she just knew that the tall blond was waiting to let out.

"Can't walk for yourself?"

And there it was.

Before Kimiko could say anything, Nishinoya replied "C'mon you two, today we're gonna play a match against Kimiko-chan to see what she's made of!"

And without waiting for another response from the other first years, Tanaka and Nishinoya continued to drag Kimiko off towards the gym.

Once they arrived Kimiko hurried off into the girls changing room, being met by Kiyoko who was already done changing.

"Ah, Kimiko-chan, I was wondering when they'd finally convince you," Kiyoko said, smiling softly at the brunette. Kimiko returned the smile, before getting changed as well.

While taking off her shirt, she noticed the bandage wrapped around her arm had come loose, so she turned towards Kiyoko. She didn't even have to phrase the question, the manager already approaching her and helping her unwrap her arm, before rewrapping it gently.

"Thanks," Kimiko mumbled, blushing in embarrassment. She knew Kiyoko had no problem with helping her, knowing the story behind why she wore bandages on her right arm, waist and leg, but that didn't mean she enjoyed feeling helpless like this, having to ask someone else to rewrap a bandage for her. She was used to her family doing it, but that was about it.

"It's no problem," Kiyoko said with a smile, finishing up and taping the bandage in place, so it hopefully wouldn't loosen up during the match.

Once Kimiko had finished changing, the two girls then went to the gym, where most of the boys were already warming up.

Kimiko could hide her bandaged arm by wearing a long sleeved training shirt, but she couldn't hide the one wrapped around her right leg from her thigh to her knee, resulting in most of the boys staring at her in confusion, wondering what had happened.

Tanaka and Nishinoya almost immediately seemed to regret the decision of asking her to join them for a match, but managed to wipe that away when Kimiko joined her brother jogging laps around the gym.

"You know you don't have to do this, right?", Asahi asked his sister quietly, a look of concern on his face.

Kimiko hummed in agreement, "I know, but it's bound to happen someday, so why not do it now? Otherwise I won't get those two to shut up."

Sugawara and Daichi laughed at her remark, Asahi's frown turning into a small smile. Turns out Kimiko was fine with this idea.

After everyone was done with warming up, coach Ukai called them together to gather around.

"As I've heard from two certain second years, today we'll be having a match involving Azumane-chan," Ukai began, throwing Tanaka and Nishinoya a mildly annoyed glance, before continuing "I think it's only fair for Azumane-chan to choose who she wants on her team."

Kimiko nodded timidly, before she began to choose her team "Sugawara-san, Nishinoya-san, Ennoshita-san, Yamaguchi-kun and Tsukishima-kun."

Some were surprised that she didn't team up with her brother, but to Asahi it was obvious why.

They were siblings, they were natural rivals. Of course, when given the chance, Kimiko would want to play against him and not with him.

So the teams entered the court, each one taking in their designated spot. They all collectively decided to let Kimiko serve first.

The moment Kimiko got hold of the ball, standing at the back of the court and getting ready to serve, there was a change in her. It seemed like her eyes began to glow and those who were on the court felt chills run down their spines.

Something was most definitely off with his girl and if the bandage wrapped around her leg hasn't been enough of an indicator, this one was definitely it.

Coach Ukai blew the whistle and Kimiko took a deep breath.

Then, she tossed the ball into the air, took a few steps, and jumped to greet the ball with her palm. A loud smack filled the gym and only split seconds later the ball slammed against the floor on the other side of the court.

1 - 0 for team Kimiko.

They only began realizing what had just happened when Ukai had already blown the whistle, acknowledging the point.

Kimiko scored once again through a serve, although this time Tanaka tried to save it, only to have it bounce off his arms and out of bounds.

Third time's a charm they say, so this time Tanaka managed to receive the ball and barely get it up in the air, calling "Sorry, cover!"

Kageyama reacted quickly, dashing towards the ball and setting it towards Hinata, who in return spiked it.

"Tsukishima!", Kimiko yelled, named one trying to jump to block the ball, only for it to go out of bounds on her side, resulting in a point for team Daichi.

Kimiko took a deep breath, remaining silent, taking the situation for what it was and analyzing what they needed to do better to avoid another outcome like this.

Finally it dawned upon everyone who hadn't known before.

Kimiko hadn't just been a mere player on the Ryoko Junior High volleyball team.

Kimiko was the Empress.

wassup demons its me,

this could've gone out like days ago but I'm a lazy piece of trash kekeke sue me

also I got a tattoo yesterday I feel more adult already shjfkshfgdhghkagk

see ya in the next one,

alex

side note: I didn't proofread so sue me if there are any mistakes lol