Chapter 16. Drawbacks

Start from the beginning

"It's okay Kirishima." I reassure him with a weak smile.

"So, I heard you people are here to kill All Might." Todoroki calls out. "But scum like you could never kill the Symbol of Peace."

"Kacchan... everyone." Izuku tearfully looks at us.

"Don't move!!" Bakugou warned Kurogiri. "If I decide you're doing anything fishy... I'll blow you straight to kingdom come!!"

"That's not very hero-like dude." Kirishima chided him.

I crossed my arms and tittered, "Probably not but he deserves it."

Tomura is seething with ire. "Not only have you beaten our level but you're all at full health. Today's kids really are something... our league should be ashamed..!" he sighs. "Nomu, take the explosive brat. We need our escape route back."

The moment where we saw ourselves victorious was cut short. Yes, All Might managed to free himself from the Nomu's grip and Bakugou had halted their escape route but of course that Nomu wouldn't be held down by ice, or anything. It's limbs broke, body pieces falling apart and slowly building back up.

The Nomu had regenerated itself back to it's form and went on to attack. Within a blink of an eye, Bakugou was right next to Izuku. We were all shocked.

"Kacchan?? You dodged that? Wow!" Izuku exclaimed baffled.

"I didn't. Shut up Deku." Bakugou spoke in a gritted tone.

It was All Might, he astonishingly stepped in and saved Bakugou. We quickly glanced at All Might worried about what was to happen next. Tomura was looking at him too. He said, "Anything to save a comrade right? Just like earlier when uh... that one... the plain looking one. He came at everything he had. And that girl..." he glanced at me. The rest of the boys also looked at me, "Little Miss Hero keeps trying to pin me down. Not that I would mind in a different circumstance."

My face scrunched up in confusion. What does he mean? Also why are these guys blushing?

"You little—!" Bakugou yelled vexed.

"That's not a very manly thing to say."

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" I asked genuinely confused.

Tomura disregarded my question, as expected. "Oh, but violence in the name of saving others is admirable? Isn't it hero?" he continued. "You know what All Might? That pisses me off!! Heroes and villains both thrive on violence, but were still categorized. 'You're good' 'You're evil'. That's how it is! The Symbol of Peace? Hah!? In the end you're just a tool for violence made to keep us down and violence only breeds more violence. I'll show the world that by killing you!"

I get a pang on my head making me wince. Todoroki comes by my side asking if I was fine. I nod but he seems worried. The sharp pain in my head still continues. A part of what Tomura said... violence does breed more of it, I agree with that. But from the way he spoke, I have a feeling he suffered greatly. For him to say that people are categorized must mean he was. He was probably casted aside, given the cold shoulder and I'm sure enough that my vile father manipulated his pain into solid hatred, especially towards All Might.

"It's three on six." Todoroki states.

"These are some brutal dudes, but with us supporting All Might... we can beat 'em back." Kirishima motivationally added.

"No!! Get out of here." All Might seriously told us.

Bakugou and I frown. "Things wouldn't have gone so well if I hadn't just stepped in." Todoroki says clearly not satisfied with having been told to retreat.