Shikamaru's eyes widened, and Choji took a step back. Naruto had finally calmed Kurama down and glared at the fox. He looked back at the three with a look of triumph on his face. "Yep! He got big, didn't he!" Naruto said, Kurama leaning a bit forwards as if presenting himself.

     "Yeah, he did," Shikamaru said, taking a bit of a step back. Naruto saw their worry and smiled. "Don't worry; he won't bite." He said and gave Kurama a look, Kurama then leaned forwards and walked over to Kiba. Kiba bent down, sticking his hand out and allowing Kurama to sniff him. Shikamaru and Choji are doing the same.

     After Kurama got used to them, the six went into the barbecue place, Akamaru now sitting on Kurama's head. Kiba and Shikamaru an average-sized portion while he and Choji feasted. After that, the six went to Naruto's favorite spot. A little clearing close by his apartment.

     They were sitting in the grass and talking, laughing at almost every joke. Everything was perfect until Kurama started jumping in Naruto. The three were talking amongst themselves, and Naruto knew Kurama wanted to play. So, getting up and beginning to jump and run around the clearing, he and Kurama started playing together. The three watched as Naruto seemed to have a perfect bond with his pet.

     Naruto was jumping and running, and Kurama jumped and ran with him. They chased each other, and Kurama would occasionally knock Naruto onto the ground. A fond grin found its way onto Shikamaru's lips as he watched one of his best friends play with a fox. He enjoyed having Naruto around, he was entertaining and a nice boy with good intentions. He knew Choji and Kiba felt the same way, and he didn't think it was fair that he always got the short end of the stick.

     Soon after the two were finished, they sat back down, and the four began talking again. They stayed awhile before all of them got a bit Hazy. Naruto and Shikamaru both fell asleep in the clearing, Kiba, and Choji following suite. Soon after, it got dark, and Kurama had woken everyone up, Naruto being last. The three watched as a barley awake Naruto looked at them.

They all said their goodbyes and went home, Kurama dragging Naruto over to his apartment. Naruto put some water in Kurama's bowl and went to go shower before bed. He hopped into bed and started to fall asleep. Kurama's large tail on his torso and Kurama himself sleeping next to him. When he woke up, he was in a crib of some sort.

A woman with red hair and an indistinguishable face. She picked him up and started murmuring incomprehensible words to him. Then a blond-haired man walked in and started picking him up as well and saying something that sounded like a 'good morning.' The two put him on some sort of chair and put something to his lips. It flashed red, and it sounded like a scream.

Naruto jolted awake, and Kurama woke up with him. He knew those were his parents. That scream had to be his mothers. Tears streamed down his face as Kurama tried to comfort him, but Naruto just hugged him and sobbed. He was a happy kid, but he was lonely.

He sobbed and cried late into the night, Kurama offering as much comfort as he could. He wanted to see his parents; he wanted to know his parents. Yet, for the time being, it was impossible. He sobbed harder at the thought. Soon enough, he fell asleep as morning came.

The night was always a bit sad for him, but in the morning was when he went to have fun and play with his friends. But he had to wake up first. "Kurama, five more minutes," Naruto groaned, attempting to push the fox away. The fox just barked once more and pulled Naruto off the bed. Naruto landed with a thump and glared at his fox.

Naruto took a shower and went to get dressed and ready for the morning to come. He got his ramen ready and started to head out, Kurama, by his side. When he got to the bridge, he felt tired; then he remembered he didn't get much sleep the night before. It clearly showed as Sakura asked if Naruto was alright, Sasuke staring at him. Naruto smiled and laughed a bit, "yeah!

But Kurama wanted to go for a walk late into the night, so I guess I'm a bit tired." He said, earning a glare from Kurama. He sent a sheepish glance his way. The fox rubbed his face on Naruto's legs and sat in front of him. Naruto sat down on the ground next to Kurama and laid his head on Kurama's side. The other two sat down as well, since it was a guarantee that Kakashi would be late, again.

Naruto slowly started to fall asleep against Kurama's head, and Kurama wrapped his tail around him, to keep him upright. Sasuke and Sakura watched as Naruto soon wholly fell asleep. Sakura sighed, "he should take more care of himself. I worry about what could happen to him if we're not here," she said. That was the first thing she's ever said that Sasuke agreed with.

Soon enough, Kakashi came and saw Naruto sleeping. He threw a Kunai knife close towards his hand, immediately, Kurama yanked Naruto out of the way and growled at Kakashi. Naruto, who was now wide awake, glared at Kakashi, before following him to the training grounds. Naruto and Sasuke were bickerings, again, while Sakura tried to get Sasuke's attention. Kurama walked in front of Naruto while glaring at Kakashi.

Once they got to a particular clearing, they started to train. After a bunch of Kunai training, sparing, and chakra control lessons, everyone was exhausted. Especially Naruto. Once they were done with practice, they had helped with a bunch of D rank missions. The missions including walking dogs, planting, holding shopping bags, and so forth.

After they said goodbye for the day, Naruto went to Ichiraku's and grabbed a bowl of ramen and noodles for Kurama. He walked home with Kurama, before they ran into Kiba, that is. Akamaru and Kurama were pleased to see each other. "Yo, Naruto! Are you alright?" Kiba asked.

Naruto told him about Kurama wanting a walk, earning another glare from his fox. "Just go get some rest. You look like a zombie!" He said, and Naruto nodded, said goodbye, and walked home. When he got back, he went to open his door, only to find it was already wide open. Kurama growled, and Naruto had a Kunai knife ready.

But he didn't need it. There was no one in the apartment, but everything was trashed. His team 7 picture was burned and charred, and the wall had the word 'demon' carved into it. But he didn't care about the wall; he slowly picked up the picture. He felt tears brim his eyes as he looked at the burn and foot marks on it.

He couldn't recognize much; he had been burned out of it. Now it was just a bit of Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi's face. A single tear rolled down his cheek. He ran to his room to find out that his wallet had been emptied, his clothes were all over the floor, and Sake had been spilled all over his bedsheets. He sat down on the floor and cried.

Why is it always me? I never did anything to them! Naruto questioned. Kurama licked the tears off Naruto's face and whimpered in apology. He went to check his kitchen; all of his food was gone—even Kurama's food.

Kurama looked him with sadness in his eyes. Naruto glanced at him, and a small smile graced his lips. He wiped his tears and patted Kurama's head. Closing the door, he was changing the sheets on his bed. "It's alright, boy!

We can always buy some more food and sheets! Good thing we already ate today, huh?" He said over-enthusiastically. The fox's tail wagged in delight as he jumped on the bed. Naruto laughed and went to take a shower. He came out rather quickly and went to go lay down with Kurama curled up into his chest.

Sleep slowly took over him, and he held Kurama close. He remembers the fox's protective paw and tail on his face and torso before he fell into an unconscious void.