vii. ( 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬 )

.⃗ . ༉‧₊˚✧ RULE BREAKERS!
( events take place in season 1, episode 1 )

"YOU OKAY?" KIE asks john b as he got into the boat. "yeah, i ran out of air." he answers. "you scared the shit out of me." she says. lorelai's eyebrows raise as she looked toward kiara with a suggestive look. kie responded by rolling her eyes. "the cops were up here, but, uh... we took care of 'em." pope tells john b. "my bad." john b sits down to catch his breath. "you're all good."

"yeah, you kinda missed the show, brother." jj says with a smile, hitting john b's shoulder. "hey, guys? bogey, two o'clock." lorelai pointed out worriedly as she noticed another boat near them. "what?" they all look over to lorelai's direction, also spotting the boat. "do you recognize the boat?" pope asks the group. "i've never seen it. what are they doing back here? the marsh is closed." kiara says. "i don't know, but let's not stick around to find out." jj's eyes linger on the boat for a moment longer.

"jj, get the bowline." john b tells him. "yeah." he says. pope turns around to face his friends. "should we wait on them?" he asks. "no, we're not gonna wait on them. go get the stern. go!" john b says as pope hurried away. "are you joking? jj, hurry up." lorelai says as the boat gets closer.

"guys, don't wait for me. go." jj says, pulling the stern as quickly as he can. "i don't like the look of this." john b watches as the boat is headed their way. "are they coming for us?" lorelai asks. "maybe they're fishing." pope suggests. "go, go, go, go!" jj rushes john b. "go into the marsh!" lorelai tells him. "let's go!" kie says.

"i'm going. act natural." john b ordered. the boat speeds up behind them. "hey, guys, they're following us." lorelai says, holding onto the boat. "shit!" kie curses. "dude, you gotta go faster. gun it!" jj turned to john b. "i'm going!" he says.

the men on the boat pull out a large gun and shoots it at them. "holy shit!" lorelai let out as they all ducked. jj quickly grabs lorelai, pulling her to his side. "john b, get down!" jj yells. the men shoot at them again, causing pope to duck even lower. "oh my god, we're gonna die." he says. the men shot the gun again, john b moving away to dodge it.

"shit. jj, move." lorelai says, getting up. she grabs a net, frantically trying to untangle it. the man shoots at her, her being the easy target. "get down, lorelai!" jj yells at her. she didn't listen, and instead threw the net into the water as they shoot again.

their boat engine gets caught in the net, causing their boat to stop. the pogues get further as the men are stuck behind. they turn the corner and the pogues all get up, looking around at each other. lorelai let out a relieved sigh. jj wore a big smile.

"pogue god, man!"

"WHAT DO YOU guys think it is?" lorelai asks them. they were all off the boat now and john b was on his knees, unzipping the duffel bag. "gotta be money or something, right?" john b says. jj gets down next to him, watching him open it up. "that or a couple of keys with street value to the low- to mid-mils!" jj chimed in.

"can we please just open the bag?" pope rushes them, obviously growing impatient. "wow, pope. that's a rare outburst of emotion." john b says, looking up at him. lorelai laughs, nudging the boy with her elbow. "okay, you guys are literally killing me with anticipation, so open the bag." he bends down to the duffel bag. "jeez." jj says. "we almost died over this." pope defends.